Good people. A friendly environment

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Littleton, CO
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Littleton, CO

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work really well around my schedule. The people who work there are great!

Cons

Hard to raise salary if you start low.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It had its ups and downs

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My co workers are really friendly and a lot of the upper management are too. Its an easy job that pays a little over minimum wage in texas. Hours are also good for part timers

Cons

The people are rude when you don't know where something is even if you are only a cashier. This job is mostly just tools and wood, so if youre looking for a fun job well this can go both ways.

The Home Depot Response

Oct 25, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is customer service.

2. Interesting people, not so interesting job, and demanding work.

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are rarely going to get bored. There is always someone to talk to, be it customer, co-worker, or even boss. A ton of learning and product insight to do there. Even at the crack of dawn till closing, you are rarely going to become bored.

Cons

Pay is not so great, considering that there are never enough people there for work. Often times, you are working in multiple departments, and are often under appreciated. The managers occasionally have compassion for others, but lack leadership skills and communication with other departments. They say they put customers and associates first, however, that isn't always the case.

Advice to Management

Be more compassionate, flexible, and understanding to the associates. If you really want to be number 1 again in customer service, you better be good to your associates. If you give gold to the customers, give platinum to the associates. Then those associates will give platinum to the customers. If this analogy doesn't make any sense to you, go read up customer service and associate care from Marriott or Costco. Maybe, implement some of their strategies to your company.

The Home Depot Response

Oct 25, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our associates and ... More