There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Only For The hard Working And Close Mouthed

Current Employee - Pro Paint Sales Specialist in West Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Pro Paint Sales Specialist in West Seattle, WA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you take direction well, have a consistent good work ethic AND a consistent positive attitude, The Home Depot can become a career. You can move positions once or twice in a year and slowly work your way up the "food chain". Although you must always try to go above and beyond, whether it's with how you left your department looking after closing or if it's how well you assisted that irritated customer that had been misdirected twice already. Praise is given when you have REALLY earned it. I've moved six times in just three years, getting four small raises.

Cons

The raises are minimal. Until you get into management you don't make much. (The previous statement really applies to people about 30 and under without outstanding resumes.) Also, depending on the personalities of the people in management, you may seem to feel unappreciated. As soon as you realize you should never hold high expectations for Home Depot OR any of your coworkers, you will do fine. Fend for yourself.

When working with people, obviously some need to just be told what to do, but ask for an associates help. Asking someone is always better than "You have to get this done tonight, okay?". Some managers have it down. Also, communicate with other managers. Communication seems to be the issue in every store, and I've worked in three stores in three states.

Oct 29, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. Our associates and managers alike are essential parts of The Home Depot’s network. We appreciate your feedback. Keep up the great work!

5202 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Interesting

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good people to work with.

Cons

Good learning curve for younger people. Or for older workers who need to keep busy. Get ready for customers who feel they are entitled to yell at you for not having 4 foot bathtubs in stock. Schedules can be odd at times. I've seen more people, including supervisors fired in 4 months, than in a lifetime elsewhere.

Nov 20, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We are happy to hear you are having a positive experience in your first year at The Home Depot. Keep up the great work!

Pro-Cashier Associate

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

Great for building customer service skills.

Cons

To much drama at the workplace.

Nov 20, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is our commitment to customer service.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot