There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Fulfilling Job, Not much of a future

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Stable job, Good job for a retiree, single person, or as a second income.

Cons

Not enough pay by itself to support a family. Little control over work schedule.

1. There are people who work at HomeDepot who want to go to church from time to time, not just once every 3-6 months. This is my biggest frustration. I have to specifically ask for a Sunday off to go to church, not just expect it every few weeks, as would be reasonable.
2. Lack of overlapping coverage in the departments (at least in my store) is frustrating. There is often not even anyone to cover a meal break.
3. Freight stacking up for over a week in receiving is not acceptable. We need freight (pack-out) associates! And train them properly!

5020 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Former Pro Sales Associates

Former Employee - Pro Sales Associate  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Pro Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good company to work for with excellent benefits.

Cons

Nepotism and cronyism is practiced.

When terminating an employee,make sure you have all the facts.

The Home Depot Response

Nov 1, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are ... More

Very good company to work for, team oriented, excellent on the job training.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Douglasville, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Douglasville, GA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice opportunities for growth, customer service driven, consistent pay increases, good benefits and bonus programs available.

Cons

Difficult to work some of the shifts assigned, eg close the store at 11pm and report back for next shift at 6am. Difficult working on concrete floor day in and day out. Chronic foot, knee and back pain are common complaints of associates.

Better scheduling routines to allow more time off between closing and opening shifts. More coverage in busier departments, especially paint, hardware and electrical. And better communication between ASMs and department heads.

The Home Depot Response

Nov 1, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. Because taking care of associates is one our core values, we continually look for ways to ensure that ... More

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!