The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

I like that what the Home Depot does in general is to educate the DIY'er about the whole project and what they will need

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Corporate gives all the associates the ability to make the customer happy without having to first get permission. We have a small monetary leeway to satisfy our customers and it's useful.
There are also many unexpected benefits, such as meals provided periodically, contests and competitions with chances to win days off with pay etc.

Cons

Home Depot used to offer healthcare to both part-time and full-time employees but now only offers it to full-time.
The pay could be better.

Communication within the chain of command would be suggested.

Nov 20, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are ... More

6018 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Not a bad place to work

Current Employee - Store Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Bonuses, great people, and pay isn't bad

Cons

The DM's are more concerned with their development

Nov 18, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your employment with The Home Depot.

Pro Desk Sales Associate

Former Employee - Pro Desk Associate in Homer Glen, IL
    Former Employee - Pro Desk Associate in Homer Glen, IL

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pro Desk Employees usually work AM to take care of contractors.Some stores will have one associate work a Saturday.Employees are very friendly and helpful to other associates.

Cons

Home Depots Deliveries to contractors more than 25 miles from the store cannot be a morning delivery.Unless your customers goes to another store closer to his job site. Which doesn't make since to your customer. Management has a hard time discounting or matching competitor pricing. The clerk is in the middle and made to feel as thou He's doing something wrong. Management rarely available when needed or called.Leaving you to make decisions you will be accountable for later.

Many in management don't know how the Pro Desk work.They do understand one thing and that is sales dollars.They just don't want to be involved in helping you earn more sales through customer service needed for the Pro Contractor. Pricing and deliveries are Home Depots biggest weaknest.

Nov 20, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. Our associates and managers alike are essential parts of The Home Depot’s network. We appreciate your feedback.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot