There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Overall, a great place to work.

Former Employee - District Services Manager in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - District Services Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Many opportunities open to associates to move up in the company. Very good benefits for full time associates. Great to work for a company dedicated to being involved in community projects. Most stores develop a strong sense of family.

Cons

Many systems and processes are antiquated. With starting wage very low and annual increases around 3-4%, it can take a long time to get to the big bucks unless you are willing to get into management. Staffing in the departments is always so sparse; if someone calls out sick, it throws the whole day into a tailspin. Too many associates that don't follow dress code or attendance policies get by with it for way too long. With the low hire-in wages, it is difficult for them to hire people with much experience.

Advice to Management

Stay out of the office as much as possible, be more involved on the sales floor and in the departments. Associates appreciate a manager who not only gives good direction with explanation, but also pitches in to help when a new process rolls out or when things get busy.

Nov 20, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for sharing. “Taking Care of Our People” is one of our core values. We try our best to accommodate our associates’ needs. Managers and associates alike are essential parts of The Home ... More

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. Very good systems if they are implemented correctly.

Former Employee - Department Supervisor in DFW, TX
    Former Employee - Department Supervisor in DFW, TX

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall not a bad company to work for. Fair and consistent because too many employees to be able to manage and lead. Stand for a good cause with wanting to help out communities.

Cons

Not really developed by your leader, trained on the computer about your dept. Turnover is pretty high and you can tell by the in and out ways of the on boarding process.

Nov 20, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. Our associates and managers alike are essential parts of The Home Depot’s network. We appreciate your feedback.

2. Great place to work for a first job.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co workers are great to work with Friendly and welcoming environment Stating pay is not that bad

Cons

No consistent schedule No offer for full time

Nov 20, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are ... More