Worst of the worst

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Plano, TX

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None. Working here will be nothing but regret at being ripped off by the pig at the trough in Atlanta.

Cons

70% of associates have back&leg injuries from work here. 75% have 2nd jobs or another source of income because salaries are sub-Walmart. No benefits for part-timers and co. is trying hard to get rid of all full-timers any way it can. Dumbest, laziest managers. Forbes said it had the dumbest CEO inthe country. All insiders dumping their HD stock. Head pig got $40mil in stock options and he's unloading all as fast as he can. You're better off working in a coal mine, at least coal miners have a strong union.

Advice to Management

Go to the dog pound and get put down, you're worthless.

Nov 26, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our associates and ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It was great experience working there

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

Flexible around your schedule as long as you let them know ahead of time

Cons

I don't have any cons

Oct 22, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for your review. “Taking Care of Our People” is one of our core values. We try our best to accommodate our associates’ needs.

Lumber and Building Materials Sales Associate

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

One of the most fun departments in the store. Grooms anyone with the willingness into a knowledgeable customer service professional. Great place to gain experience on the forklift and learn what is needed to run a lumber department.

Cons

Almost impossible to get hired as a full time associate. In fact, the employees that work here see getting "full time status" as a big promotion. After two years of being a solid and outstanding employee my requests to be considered for full time were still overlooked. Alot of turnover and plan on staying a while if you want to become full time. Expect an average of 30 hours per week at $10.00 an hour for several years before having any chance at becoming a full time associate or consideration for promotion.

Advice to Management

Get more involved with the associates and try not to be robots for corporate that only worry about the "numbers" and all their correlations. It is hard to find good employees and many with management potential down the road do not stay because the pay is low and it takes a long time to be granted full time status.

Nov 5, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback. At The Home Depot, we strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly, and respected. Taking care of our people is one of our core ... More