Lack of good leadership and lack of associate help

Former Employee - Sales Specialist  in  Broward Gardens, FL
Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Broward Gardens, FL

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Most of the time decent retail hours to work ,flexibility in getting the days off needed.

Cons

Low pay for hard work.Working in a store with low foot traffic and expected to generated a high quota at all times. Being held accountable for sales while being threatened with dismissal(to be fired) if not getting the quota accomplished.Butt kissing supervisors who don't protect their employees back and only care for their own back, and don't take care of their employees and treat them with disrespect include management.You are expected to work in every department even though you are a specialist and need to work in your own department only.Not as described in your job description.Many times there is no one on the floor, in the adjacent departments.Cutting on stuff to put bonuses in the managers pockets.There is no career advancement opportunities.

Stop targeting employees as a personal hate target,leave them alone to do their job.Stop letting people go because they make tool much money according to your standards (not to say morals ,something you don't have). I know personally many people,good people who where let go because they where making too much money according to Home Depot standards but they were top sales people in the company.You don't know how to appreciate people and you treat them like garbage after working many years for you,You suck as a company because your managers suck and your management turnover is horrible .You need to stop having such a high turnover and be more loyal to the employees. Give better raises,and learn to keep good employees and value your employees which you don't!!!Its the people who make the company not the company that makes the employee!!!There is no career advancement opportunities,make sure you let associates grow and move to different store and different departments don't just think about yourself which you do all the time,only hbtink about yourself,that is not how you run a company.You nee d to keep your employee happy,satisfied and growing in position!!!

The Home Depot Response

Dec 3, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your review. “Taking Care of Our People” is one of our core values. We try our best to accommodate our associates’ needs. . Please call 1.866.698.4347 and select the option for the ... More

Other Reviews for The Home Depot

This job was a stepping stone in my overall career search.

Former Employee - Head Cashier  in  Apex, NC
    Former Employee - Head Cashier in Apex, NC

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at Home Depot you get a sense of family from your co-workers. On most days I enjoyed going to work everyday. I enjoy talking to people so working in the customer service industry was a really good fit for my personality.

Cons

The down side of working at Home Depot was that the hours were really long and a lot of the time I was filling in for multiple people who didn't show up. There was a lot of cross training done but not to simply gain more knowledge but so that customers would still be able to be helped even though the employee assigned to that particular department wasn't available.

My advice to management would be to be more willing to help. I noticed a lot of the time that the tasks that were given out were the ones that the managers just didn't want to do. I guess that's the perk of being management but personally I would not give an employee a task that I myself am not willing to do.

The Home Depot Response

Oct 25, 2013Client Partner

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. We continually look for ways to ensure that associates have equal access to growth and development opportunities. We have shared your feedback ... More

excellent company. Great staff, products, management

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Oakland, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for less than a year

Pros

strong customer base, great product line

Cons

part time position without possibility to convert to full time is the only detriment

Maximize the talents of your part time employees

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!