The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com
  www.homedepot.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Lack of good leadership and lack of associate help

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Broward Gardens, FL
Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Broward Gardens, FL

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Most of the time decent retail hours to work ,flexibility in getting the days off needed.

Cons

Low pay for hard work.Working in a store with low foot traffic and expected to generated a high quota at all times. Being held accountable for sales while being threatened with dismissal(to be fired) if not getting the quota accomplished.Butt kissing supervisors who don't protect their employees back and only care for their own back, and don't take care of their employees and treat them with disrespect include management.You are expected to work in every department even though you are a specialist and need to work in your own department only.Not as described in your job description.Many times there is no one on the floor, in the adjacent departments.Cutting on stuff to put bonuses in the managers pockets.There is no career advancement opportunities.

Stop targeting employees as a personal hate target,leave them alone to do their job.Stop letting people go because they make tool much money according to your standards (not to say morals ,something you don't have). I know personally many people,good people who where let go because they where making too much money according to Home Depot standards but they were top sales people in the company.You don't know how to appreciate people and you treat them like garbage after working many years for you,You suck as a company because your managers suck and your management turnover is horrible .You need to stop having such a high turnover and be more loyal to the employees. Give better raises,and learn to keep good employees and value your employees which you don't!!!Its the people who make the company not the company that makes the employee!!!There is no career advancement opportunities,make sure you let associates grow and move to different store and different departments don't just think about yourself which you do all the time,only hbtink about yourself,that is not how you run a company.You nee d to keep your employee happy,satisfied and growing in position!!!

Dec 3, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your review. “Taking Care of Our People” is one of our core values. We try our best to accommodate our associates’ needs. . Please call 1.866.698.4347 and select the option for the ... More

5494 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Don't apply for cashier.

Former Employee - Part Time Cashier in Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - Part Time Cashier in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun employees. Helping customers was great.

Cons

Horrible management. They have different standard for cashiers. They play favoritism. The store manager would take bribe from employes for a schedule change . The pay is horrible compare to what you will endure.

Stop treating ppl that work for the company the longest the worst. Cashier are priory for the company but yet you treat them the worst. And rules should apply to all associates not just cashiers. Why floor associate get 2 breaks and cashier get 1. They stand all they in one spot they should be allowed more breaks. Stop being cheap and hire more people. And stop treating cashiers like their on a factory line. Thank you.

Nov 22, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our associates and understand that our associates are the key to our ... More

Worst of the worst

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Plano, TX

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

None. Working here will be nothing but regret at being ripped off by the pig at the trough in Atlanta.

Cons

70% of associates have back&leg injuries from work here. 75% have 2nd jobs or another source of income because salaries are sub-Walmart. No benefits for part-timers and co. is trying hard to get rid of all full-timers any way it can. Dumbest, laziest managers. Forbes said it had the dumbest CEO inthe country. All insiders dumping their HD stock. Head pig got $40mil in stock options and he's unloading all as fast as he can. You're better off working in a coal mine, at least coal miners have a strong union.

Go to the dog pound and get put down, you're worthless.

Nov 26, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our associates and ... More

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot