The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com
  www.homedepot.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Very Unusual Working Environment.

Former Employee - Contractor in Memphis, TN
Former Employee - Contractor in Memphis, TN

I worked at The Home Depot as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The team that I worked with were very professional and courteous. The majority of the full time staff were professional as well.

Cons

The Project Manager that was over our project was very difficult and treated us with no respect at all.

Treat the people that help your company survive with respect, and you will get so much more from them.

Dec 16, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. Our associates are key to our success. We strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are respected, their contributions are valued and they have ... More

5366 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Mostly good company but not focused on the right things.

Current Employee - Cashier in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Cashier in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pushes customer service, decent pay for retail, vacation & sick time, success sharing bonuses.

Cons

Apparently Home Depot is just a credit card company that happens to sell lumber & paint. The main focus is suckering people into their credit card. Push credit. Get more credit apps. It's terrible. They don't care as much about making the customer happy as they do about getting them to commit to a credit card so the Depot can make money on interest. also, they're so focused on helping the customer that associated end up out of their depts helping people so then customers in THEIR depts don't get help.

Let us provide excellent customer service & forget the 'Used car salesman' techniques to sucker them into credit cards. Stop short staffing departments so we can actually help our customers.

Dec 11, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is our commitment to customer service.

Flooring Associate

Current Employee - Sales Flooring Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Flooring Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work with people, interact with customers, use computers, write orders, develop sales skills

Cons

No commission, lifting 70lb 18x18 boxes of tile to head level when stocking. No back brace provided. Routinely moving, lifting, 8 foot long bales of flooring, 50 lb boxes of 12x12 tile, and being short staffed in dept. Corporate limits hours associates can work. Management does not live the values it has on its website. Very stressful job. floating schedule, hourly pay is not commensurate with skill level required to properly do sales job.

Offer some sort of commission for each completed sale, staff more associates in department, and younger associates to move tile. To corporate, allow more hours per store for stocking. Frank Blake would be wise to become an undercover boss to see how his policies is affecting the Home Depot Brand and employees.

Dec 11, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are ... More

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot