Very Unusual Working Environment.

Former Employee - Contractor  in  Memphis, TN
Former Employee - Contractor in Memphis, TN

I worked at The Home Depot as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The team that I worked with were very professional and courteous. The majority of the full time staff were professional as well.

Cons

The Project Manager that was over our project was very difficult and treated us with no respect at all.

Treat the people that help your company survive with respect, and you will get so much more from them.

Dec 16, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. Our associates are key to our success. We strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are respected, their contributions are valued and they have ... More

Other Reviews for The Home Depot

Long days

Current Employee - Head Cashier  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Head Cashier in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, family atmosphere, good hearted people

Cons

Low wages, poor scheduling of manpower, stressful environment

Strive for more consistent scheduling a adequate staffing

Dec 16, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your review. “Taking Care of Our People” is one of our core values. We try our best to accommodate our associates’ needs. Keep up the great work!

Flooring Associate

Current Employee - Sales Flooring Associate  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Flooring Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work with people, interact with customers, use computers, write orders, develop sales skills

Cons

No commission, lifting 70lb 18x18 boxes of tile to head level when stocking. No back brace provided. Routinely moving, lifting, 8 foot long bales of flooring, 50 lb boxes of 12x12 tile, and being short staffed in dept. Corporate limits hours associates can work. Management does not live the values it has on its website. Very stressful job. floating schedule, hourly pay is not commensurate with skill level required to properly do sales job.

Offer some sort of commission for each completed sale, staff more associates in department, and younger associates to move tile. To corporate, allow more hours per store for stocking. Frank Blake would be wise to become an undercover boss to see how his policies is affecting the Home Depot Brand and employees.

Dec 11, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are ... More

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!