The Home Depot

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Good pay & benefits for IT work

Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Full time work with good financial benefits for IT professionals. Current management is an improvement over the Nardelli disaster.

Cons

There are no permanent jobs here and most of the stock option pay disappears when you get laid off. Be prepared for random acts of management by a culture focused on the next quarterly earnings report.

Pursuit of the cheapest way to get work done at all levels will come back to haunt you in this life or the next one.

The Home Depot Response

Feb 5, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is our commitment to not only customer service, but to our associates. Because taking ... More

5767 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

No Advancement

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

If you like being around airplanes this is a great place to work

Cons

No room for advancement unless someone retires or quits

Life Changing. I am still recovering Financially

Former Employee - Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good Products. Ok Financing. Training I received in Atlanta was Great however we should have been there another week at the least.

Cons

No Advertising, No Marketing, Sales Manager had no idea what was going on. Not enough training at Corporate or District Level. Zero Product Training. Old School Sales Techniques. No gas compensation, no compensation unless products were sold and then you wait up to 2 months to get all of your money. Installation. What it takes THD to install in 6 weeks local companies can install the same product in 2 weeks The more you get away from the local market the more you alienate the customer. Lots of chiefs and not enough Indians. Whenever something changes it is at the detriment of the sales people.

Let Sales Managers Manage not fill out reports day in and day out. One size does not fit all.There are different Markets even in Home Improvements, Price accordingly. Change up some products in different markets. Invest in some marketing of HP Home Services. Do not send sales reps on 1 windows calls or to homes that aren't even owned by the people getting estimate. On a larger scale Home Depot is out-dated. It needs a face lift. You are fast becoming second best. Everything about your Marketing is old and dusty.

The Home Depot Response

Feb 3, 2014Client Partner

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. We have shared your feedback with others.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot