There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Many years spent in the end your only as good as your perceived.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fairfax, VA
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fairfax, VA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good bonus and stock option. When your liked your treated very well. Lots of good fellow employees make it worth while. Pays better than the other retailers i worked for previously. Vacation pay for salaried employees is good too.

Cons

Long hours as expected in retail management. It does not allow for work life balance. Sadly no one has your back unless your in the group or are winning team. District team covers their tracks and offers no help only tells you what you have done wrong. Be ready for the District manage to make a examples out of you in front of your colleagues and customers. Very long work hours and 6 day weeks every spring and inventory months. Your store will vary by what store manager you have and if they want to help you not get trouble with the boss. The company values do not apply to you if your an asm.

You should make the district team do their jobs. They show up and just point out whats wrong. When things are good they sit and talk nice to you. They do not train us managers or offer help. It seems there is an agenda to terminate managers before bonus time. The lp team gets people fired people for helping customers? The HRs in many districts came from the same company as the RHRM. That really allowed? I worked in D278 and you should check on what they are not doing, i think you would be surprised. But please dont take it out on the store. Lots of good people working in your stores there.

Feb 5, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. Our associates are key to our success. We strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are respected, their contributions are valued and they have ... More

5202 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Maybe one of the better places to work, salary about average.

Former Employee - Plumbing Sales in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Plumbing Sales in Austin, TX

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Depends on the management, but overall, a nice place to work. Most days went smoothly, but weekends were busy. First manager, Mike, was on the floor helping out when it was super busy. Subsequent managers stays off the sales floor.

Cons

If you get a picky manager, then it's tough. Most mangers are OK, but some are not as easy to work for than others. On your feet a lot, tho

Watch the managers. The best lead from the front. They led by example. The last managers at 4-points led from behind, not enough to rally the troops.

Feb 5, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. Our associates and managers alike are essential parts of The Home Depot’s network. Please call 1.866.698.4347 and select the option for the Associate ... More

All they want are mindless robots.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

No need to think, follow the script and you will do fine. Yearly pay increase. Almost no training to endure

Cons

Entrepreneurship is discouraged. Thinking outside the box is discouraged. Taking ownership of your job is discouraged. You are constantly monitored. Do as you are told, no more, no less.

You can't squeeze world class customer service out of mindless morons.

Feb 5, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback. At The Home Depot, we strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly, and respected. Taking care of our people is one of our core ... More

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot