There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Many years spent in the end your only as good as your perceived.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fairfax, VA
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fairfax, VA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good bonus and stock option. When your liked your treated very well. Lots of good fellow employees make it worth while. Pays better than the other retailers i worked for previously. Vacation pay for salaried employees is good too.

Cons

Long hours as expected in retail management. It does not allow for work life balance. Sadly no one has your back unless your in the group or are winning team. District team covers their tracks and offers no help only tells you what you have done wrong. Be ready for the District manage to make a examples out of you in front of your colleagues and customers. Very long work hours and 6 day weeks every spring and inventory months. Your store will vary by what store manager you have and if they want to help you not get trouble with the boss. The company values do not apply to you if your an asm.

Advice to Management

You should make the district team do their jobs. They show up and just point out whats wrong. When things are good they sit and talk nice to you. They do not train us managers or offer help. It seems there is an agenda to terminate managers before bonus time. The lp team gets people fired people for helping customers? The HRs in many districts came from the same company as the RHRM. That really allowed? I worked in D278 and you should check on what they are not doing, i think you would be surprised. But please dont take it out on the store. Lots of good people working in your stores there.

Feb 5, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. Our associates are key to our success. We strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are respected, their contributions are valued and they have ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great! Love it here.

Current Employee - Proofreader in West Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Proofreader in West Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nothing bad about it. I really love it here.

Cons

Company so big. But it's been growing fast.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Jan 24, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your employment with The Home Depot.

Home Depot at one time, valued quality full-time associates with field experience.

Former Employee - Department Head
    Former Employee - Department Head

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Once valued full time employees with experience in their respective fields. Now hires part time associates at minimal compensation and expects the same results.

Cons

Once you have "capped out" monetarily, management will find any way convenient to let you go.

Advice to Management

The company used to value long-term, experienced employees. Now it seems management uses associates for as long as it needs them and tosses them aside when the company is finished with them.

Feb 5, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are ... More