The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com
  www.homedepot.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

They hired me when I really needed a job, and for that I am very grateful.

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice co-workers and great customers. Flexible schedules, good benefits and perks, even for part-timers. Better than average starting pay.

Cons

Terrible recruiting and hiring process; disorganized and off-point training; no attempt to develop and promote associates; pay increases not determined by individual performance. In-store management lacks respect for front line associates; management by intimidation. Doesn't hire full-time employees, and very few part-timers are given the option to become full-time. To avoid health insurance expenses,they cut part-time hours to no more than 29/wk; and in the off season schedule as low as 7hrs/wk.

Stop stepping on your own tail. At HD, associates are not fungible. They need a body of knowledge because customers expect expert advice and service. Part-timers can learn from experts and become very helpful, but not if there is no experienced person there to teach them. And not if you don't give them enough hours with full-timers to learn the department. Pay attention to your work force and your stock price will take care of itself.

Feb 19, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback. At The Home Depot, we strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly, and respected. Taking care of our people is one of our core ... More

5494 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Time for a career change....

Current Employee - PASA in Murrieta, CA
    Current Employee - PASA in Murrieta, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Some pros working here are the benefits and the relationships you build with your customers.

Cons

Some challenges are dealing with changes that don't always work and never enough people on the sales floor. Bonuses aren't fairly. Not having employee discounts.

They need to spend more time on the floor and learn more about specialty so they see what we go through.

Mar 3, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your review. In the same way that The Home Depot’s products help people build homes and projects, the eight core values we uphold help us build a strong business and culture. Our nearly ... More

My experience at home depot was very good.

Former Employee - Cashier in Canton, MI
    Former Employee - Cashier in Canton, MI

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The environment was great. Everyone I worked with was very helpful and willing to work with you to make sure you have a good experience at your job.

Cons

The limited opportunities for promotions was not so great. Also, working in the garden center in the intense heat was difficult, as there was no sort of heat relief.

Possibly work on a quicker training process.

Feb 25, 2014Client Partner

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments regarding the Garden Center. We have shared your feedback with others. Our associates are encouraged to adopt and adapt good ideas from others, and ... More

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot