There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

They really value their employees

Former Employee - Paint Sales Associate in Alexandria, VA
Former Employee - Paint Sales Associate in Alexandria, VA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Home Depot makes sure your always knowledgeable about your department, and with that the bonus and other perks are just as great.

Cons

POWER HOUR its the worst feels like you have to nag customers to buy something when you could be restocking or keeping the shelf presentation up. But to have to walk around and bug customers who typically know what they are looking for was irritating.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve the success of the company and hiring the wonderful people and managers you do.

Mar 5, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your employment with The Home Depot.

reviews filtered by

Complete mess

Current Employee - Mobile Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Mobile Software Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work life balance (for the most of time)

Cons

Full of semi-skilled (or unskilled) contractors
    Business teams have no clarity of where are they heading - they implement and revert changes most of the time to keep themselves busy
    Engineering teams dont have process. No schema definitions, no documents, no CI, some dont follow unit testing. There is literally no design phase, discussions are frowned upon. Architects are mere losers here.
    Politics is a must to do, else you will be a sucker
    On a scale of 1-10 in technology (10 being highest), if you are consider yourself more than 3 - DO NOT JOIN. I have seen people leave in 1-5 months of joining. I am leaving in my 3rd month.

Advice to Management

Collaboration does not mean sitting in meetings the whole day with no planning. Please realize the importance of the word "engineering" in IT. We need to discuss, plan and then start implementing - not the other way.
    Hire atleast some good people in the engineering teams. Or respect the ones you have before they leave. Experience is not the ONLY criteria to decide who is good or not; you need to come up with some talent metrics.
    I understand revenue is growing, but that does not mean your IT teams are great.

Apr 8, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our associates and ... More

Overnight Freight

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Actual job duties are not too difficult, co-workers were awesome.

Cons

Pay is not nearly enough for our time. Lowest paid workers in the store with some of the longest non-management shifts. Schedulers don't care about school or any other part of life.

Apr 2, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. Freight associates and managers alike are essential parts of The Home Depot’s Operations network.