The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Very thorough on providing enough training to well equip an employee to succeed.

Former Employee - Department Manager in Omaha, NE
Former Employee - Department Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They provide good benefits, pay based on experience, and team like atmosphere.

Cons

Flexibility on hours, work non-traditional holidays like mothers day.

Provide incentives for employees to receive bonuses or commissions.

Mar 26, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your review. “Taking Care of Our People” is one of our core values. We try our best to accommodate our associates’ needs.

5790 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Outstanding performer not being advanced or compensated.

Current Employee - Merchandise Department Supervisor in Flowery Branch, GA
    Current Employee - Merchandise Department Supervisor in Flowery Branch, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I am allowed to express my entrepreneurial acumen, and am recognized for outstanding department statistics. My associates respect my leadership and trust that I will "have their backs" allowing me to foster new/promising associates by example. Benefits are pretty good. Management at highest levels are very competent and widely respected.

Cons

Management at store level is widely inconsistent, under qualified, unprofessional, and garners below average respect from subordinates. There are very few SM's and ASM's that recognize the difference between associates that self promote great performance and associates blow smoke and "kiss their tails". Outstanding associates are "performance penalized" by not being promoted because they are good for the bottom line and daily operation and make Managers look good to District and Regional leadership which is also very inconsistent and poor examples of the "inverted . I am a 50 year old, white male with two college degrees and it has been evidenced and stated "off the record" it a big dis-advantage to my prospects for advancement with a large company that must display it's diversity to the public. The compensation is barely enough to make ends meet on a week to week basis and the increases are way below average @ 2.5%. The company continues to roll out too many ideas and initiatives to make it easier to meet their metrics and better serve their customers. It does exactly the opposite.

Ensure your store management, district management, and regional management display the values of the company and act as servant leaders to their associates as is very seldom the case. Recognize the top performers in the stores and compensate them with a fair and decent wage above the poverty line. Stop trying to pretend that your staffing initiatives and "pilots" will have a positive effect in delivering outstanding customer service. Your smart store employees know more than you think and our loyalty is waning rapidly.

Apr 10, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our associates and ... More

Forced me to quit

Current Employee - Cashier in Joplin, MO
    Current Employee - Cashier in Joplin, MO

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The Employees were very friendly.

Cons

While the employees were nice enough, the management was another story. Very rude and impersonal.

Manage.

Apr 30, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your review. “Taking Care of Our People” is one of our core values. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our associates and understand that our ... More

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot