The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com
  www.homedepot.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

The Home Depot is a good company to work for.

Current Employee - Associate in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The Home Depot provides excellent training that allows for personal business knowledge and growth. Even associates with excellent prior knowledge will learn new skills and product knowledge.

Cons

Depending on position, the rotational work schedules are often discussed negatively.

The Home Depot Response

Apr 2, 2014Client Partner

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. We have shared your feedback with others. Our associates are encouraged to adopt and adapt good ideas from others, and initiate creative and ... More

5513 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Good Experience

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay, vacation, 401k, bonuses, stock options and the ability to grow with out a college degree.

Cons

The amount of hours worked every week is to much, quality of life when you have a family is challenging.

Have all management work regular 8 hour work day in order to spend more time with there families on a daily basis.

The Home Depot Response

Apr 2, 2014Client Partner

Home Depot Hourly Associates unionize to protect you jobs over increasing Executive salaries at Associates expense.

Former Employee - Excontractor in Lakewood, WA
    Former Employee - Excontractor in Lakewood, WA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Receiving two Success Sharing Bonus checks a year weather you work hard or not. The only job that rewards employees for not doing a job. One thing this can do for you is to teaching business mathematics to Hourly Associates, for example. Calculating your Success Sharing Bonus check verses bonuses paid out to your local store/district mangers. If you truly want to learn more Business Mathematics, calculate Success Sharing verses Executive Bonuses.

Associates remember you are the true front line of every Home Depot. You do the actual sales work for creating these increasing annual profits. Just imagine how could Home Depot operate its daily business if all Hourly Associates were to conduct a walk out and strike. Just think about how could three or four Assistant Store Managers and one Store Manager conduct Home Depots daily business by them selves!

Cons

Fighting for the rights of employees verses a gigantic corporation with deep pockets. These deep pockets would rather spend money for Lawyers than create a fair employment environment.

"At Home Services", a Home Depot owned company. A high pressure sales, dishonest, and deceptive Home Depot business that preys on customers shopping at Home Depot stores. An example of how this works. Home Depot employees cold call sales staff. Note that they don't ware orange aprons or have any clue of cost about the services they push. Appointments are set at the customers home. Salespersons conduct the In Home sales call for a service such as Cabinet Refacing. After two to three hours you will be told about the cost of Refacing your kitchen cabinets frames, replacement doors, hardware, and countertops. Wait, the price will be equal, but usually more, than a complete new kitchen remodel. Yes, this is true. I am a Kitchen Designer and the first person these pissed off customer yell at and scream at.

If I were paid a commission on these At Home Services, I would possibly sell it to customers, but am not. I am forced to push the service. The worst of it is that store management profits from it through paid bonuses.

Unions are coming soon.