The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com
  www.homedepot.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

That's the way we've always done it

Former Employee - Lead Systems Engineer in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Lead Systems Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fellow coworkers really wanted to do a good job. They are a smart bunch that wants to see the company succeed.

Cons

The mantra is: "That's the way we've always done it. Why change it?" It doesn't matter if your suggestion would save the company $500K a year.
Management seems to only care about advancing their own careers. What's good for them personally or their team is more important than what's good for the company.
If you don't have 10+ years in the company your opinion is no good.
There is an underlying current of fear. They did layoffs many years ago in a very unprofessional manner and everyone still remembers those days.

Listen to your employees ideas. They actually have good ones.
The forced cheers at quarterly meetings are awkward and not a single person likes them. It's creepy. Lose them.
Berating an employee in front of his coworkers does not make them want to work harder. It makes them want to work elsewhere.

The Home Depot Response

Apr 30, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our associates and ... More

5400 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

lame

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

It only takes me 5 minutes to get there.

Cons

There are lots of stupid co-workers.

drop the anti-union talk

It's a job.

Former Employee - Cashier and Customer Service Desk/Returns in Alvin, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier and Customer Service Desk/Returns in Alvin, TX

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are many different departments to work in. Most of the job is customer assistance. The hours are pretty flexible. There are a lot of strong employee benefits even for part-timers.

Cons

They'll work you as much as they can, without having to make you full-time. Also, their employee reward system is a little condescending (you basically get a gold star for being good).

The Home Depot Response

May 6, 2014Client Partner

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. We have shared your feedback with others. Our associates are encouraged to adopt and adapt good ideas from others, and initiate creative and ... More

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot