There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

That's the way we've always done it

Former Employee - Lead Systems Engineer in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Lead Systems Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fellow coworkers really wanted to do a good job. They are a smart bunch that wants to see the company succeed.

Cons

The mantra is: "That's the way we've always done it. Why change it?" It doesn't matter if your suggestion would save the company $500K a year. Management seems to only care about advancing their own careers. What's good for them personally or their team is more important than what's good for the company. If you don't have 10+ years in the company your opinion is no good. There is an underlying current of fear. They did layoffs many years ago in a very unprofessional manner and everyone still remembers those days.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees ideas. They actually have good ones. The forced cheers at quarterly meetings are awkward and not a single person likes them. It's creepy. Lose them. Berating an employee in front of his coworkers does not make them want to work harder. It makes them want to work elsewhere.

Apr 30, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our associates and ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. receiving associate

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

work days and hours are great.

Cons

low salary, raises are small, favortism for select employees.

Apr 30, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for your review. “Taking Care of Our People” is one of our core values. We try our best to accommodate our associates’ needs.

2. Excellent

Former Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Advancements - benefits. Profit sharing. Leadership. We had a great executive team with Frank Blake and other executives as well.

Cons

Home Depot is a large multibillion dollar company. Sometimes the size of the company makes it hard to innovate in a world where you can live and die by being nimble.

Advice to Management

Try to weed out the bureaucracy. Stay humble. Don't allow another Nardelli type to be in comand

May 27, 2014 – Client Partner

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. We have shared your feedback with others. Our associates are encouraged to adopt and adapt good ideas from others, and initiate creative and ... More