Crazy and unorganized

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay is better than most places, the employees are like a family and you can learn a lot of new skills

Cons

They are very unorganized on the upper tiers of management, they listen to the employees butt raerly make the changes needed to make it run smoother, they put in the departments that you know the least about.

more communication with one another and placement where its most helpful to the customers

May 7, 2014Client Partner

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. We have shared your feedback with others. Our associates are encouraged to adopt and adapt good ideas from others, and initiate creative and ... More

Other Reviews for The Home Depot

No Growth, Trade your time for money

Current Employee - Part Time Cashier  in  Cypress, TX
    Current Employee - Part Time Cashier in Cypress, TX

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work schedule, PTO, good medical benefits. Excellent if you need to supplement your income. Company has good values but sometimes they aren't passed down that well to store level.

Cons

No room to grow, extreme micro managing, there's nothing here to increase your skillset that would make you employable elsewhere. Part-time associates receive extreme cuts in hours. They are a stickler to the bottom line with no regards to associates livelihood.

Better training, it's ok for subordinates to be competent also.

May 16, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are ... More

Very stable company with great cooperate leadership

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Bonita Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Bonita Springs, FL

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

If you enjoy helping demanding customers

Cons

Lower level management is not servant leaders. Store managers in all stores are not leading by example and delivering world class customer service like the company is directing them to do so. there are store managers who are office managers not store managers.

Make sure DM and SM are following company directions. The district manager is not a people person and is trying to prove an agenda now that he is new in position.

May 16, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is our commitment to not only customer service, but to our associates. Because taking ... More

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!