The Home Depot

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Crazy and unorganized

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is better than most places, the employees are like a family and you can learn a lot of new skills

Cons

They are very unorganized on the upper tiers of management, they listen to the employees butt raerly make the changes needed to make it run smoother, they put in the departments that you know the least about.

more communication with one another and placement where its most helpful to the customers

May 7, 2014Client Partner

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. We have shared your feedback with others. Our associates are encouraged to adopt and adapt good ideas from others, and initiate creative and ... More

5515 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Outside Sales

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

One week training in Atlanta. Great company culture and supportive management. Perfect position for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit. You are assigned a store and it is your responsibility to generate appointments for yourself.

Cons

It is commission only. The biggest obstacle learning how to close in an outside sales environment.

Jun 3, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. Outside Sales associates and managers alike are essential parts of The Home Depot’s At-Home Services network. We appreciate your feedback.

Great learning experience.

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

Well organized store, associates in designated work areas were knowledgeable about all trades of the construction industry, and help anyone understand the importance of basic home improvement and construction.

Cons

The parking lot was always full, having to park at the back. Shopping carts could have been more organized in the parking lot.

Hire more ethnic background.

Jun 3, 2014Client Partner