The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Amazing!! If you know what your doing...

Current Employee - Special Services Associate in Chandler, AZ
Current Employee - Special Services Associate in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, lots of perks like free food often, 15 minute breaks every 2 hours. Lunch breaks, bonuses every couple of months or so, generally nice managers, great people to work with!

Cons

If you dont know how to do everything in your department.. People will get mad at you. Even if you are in a different department just walking through and they need help with something and you dont know the answer, you will look pretty stupid. Its important to learn as much as possible and work with the customer to help solve their problems.

More and better training!! Not this online 2 week long class that makes no sense. Real, hands on training. I am convinced the best way to run this is to have everyone be taught every department and have the employee choose which department they want to be in, for example if someone likes lumber and walks through an electrical isle he will know what he is talking about and he will be working in a department that he likes and wants to be in.

May 16, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is our commitment to customer service. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your ... More

5972 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Reasonable College Job

Former Employee - Associate Coordinator
    Former Employee - Associate Coordinator

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly coworkers, great training programs, tuition assistance with very select majors

Cons

Wages, benefits, opportunities for promotion, loyalty to employees, unpredictable number of hours

Please value the incredible employees that you have. Home Depot loses amazing people every day to jobs that pay better, jobs with more advancement opportunities, and to companies that value their people.

Jun 6, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are ... More

Fast pace continued change in business and customer base makes a unique environment.

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in San Jose, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great customers both professional and average people make the culture quite amazing to work with. I never find a dull moment in meeting or exceeding a great experience.

Cons

I think the political side of the company can be oppressive if one wants to be recognized in performance, it is somewhat biased by the same associates being rewarded for only doing the job they are paid to do, thus many of the same persons are over rated while others are under rated.

To equally share training and mentoring all associates is essential. Performance developing by updating new system operations and tools to all instead of few favored ones goes a long way in team performance in a profit sharing company. I think support from managers can be the best and I have seen it at its least when they groom others to look better than their actual performance is obvious to those who work beside them.

Jun 6, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is our commitment to not only customer service, but to our associates. Because taking ... More

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot