Administrative Assistant

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job was easy managing calendars, performing daily Microsoft applications.

Cons

Micro manager! With no communications at all from senior team. Brought in new management and never met him after he was there for 2 months. I even sent him a welcome email and he never attended a staff meeting nor did my manager ever talk about him in the staff meeting.

Advice to Management

Visit your employees at least once a month to get their input and value their input instead of locking them out.

Jun 10, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Please call 1.866.698.4347 and select the option for the Associate Advice Council Group (AACG) to express your concerns.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

Better Off Working Elsewhere

Current Employee - Front End Associate in West Nyack, NY
    Current Employee - Front End Associate in West Nyack, NY

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Depends what location of Home Depot that you are working at. Some are better then others.

Cons

Overworked, underpaid, & under appreciated. Management have contempt and resentment towards the staff. Management want yes-men working for them. A lot of favoritism. They don't care about the staff or the customers, just about money. They believe in a small staff doing the work of many, which creates chaos and havoc and stress amongst the staff, and the customer improperly served. Loss Prevention is a joke, theft is regular.

Advice to Management

Stop being a bunch of devils. Time to look at other retail stores such as Costco, Target, or Best Buy, that actually know how to run and operate a retail store, aside from following the Walmart model. Try respecting the staff and customers, and then see real progress. I mean actually speak to the staff, about their concerns and ideas, not your little yes-men cronies.

Jun 10, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our associates and ... More

It was ok no the best

Pros

the people you work with are fun.

Cons

You have to kiss butt to every manager if you ever want to move up.

Jun 10, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Did you know we offer a variety of training courses, leadership programs, mentoring programs and promotion opportunities to associates at all ... More