The Home Depot

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Good

Former Employee - Head Cashier in Tallahassee, FL
Former Employee - Head Cashier in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great System
Great Work Culture
Great Benefits
Great Earning Potential

Cons

Really no cons I can think of. If I had a passion for retail, I could see myself still there to this day.

I really had no problems working at The Home Depot. it was a great opportunity for me. I worked for the company for 4 years and received a position in my field of study after graduating from college. While I was there, it was many opportunities for promotions and raises. In addition, the work culture was great and they were very flexible around my personal schedule. Great Company.

Jun 13, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your employment with The Home Depot. We appreciate all of your hard work.

5533 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Learn Everything! They'll Teach You!

Current Employee - Special Services Associate in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Special Services Associate in Columbus, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy movement- been there 3 months and already was okayed for a department change according to my interests.
    Lots of contact with the community
    You see a lot of regulars.
    GREAT coworkers. Everyone wants to get it done and get the sale as a team.
    The phone system is good, every department has a mobile phone to make it easier to direct calls and questions.

Cons

Organization is lacking in a lot of the pack down areas
    Schedules are conflicted a lot. One week 17 hours another week 45.
    Management doesn't always know how to use certain systems.

Learn what your workers have learned. Don't try to direct work flow and system input when you don't actually know how to use the system (special services especially) makes for a lot of clean up.

Jun 13, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is our commitment to not only customer service, but to our associates. Because taking ... More

Bad management

Current Employee - Accountant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Accountant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good work life balance for majority of the time

Cons

Leadership is awful and the fault always comes down to the people on the bottom of the totem pole. There's a culture of favoritism in place and unfortunately if you're not in with the right people, you're either forced out or life becomes so miserable that you'd rather quit without a job than to continue working. Everyone is definitely not held to the same standards. The bad reputation rumors about the company in the market are definitely true.

Jul 21, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We wish you were happier with your current management. Please call 1.866.698.4347 and select the option for the Associate Advice Council Group ... More

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot