Good

Former Employee - Head Cashier  in  Tallahassee, FL
Former Employee - Head Cashier in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great System
Great Work Culture
Great Benefits
Great Earning Potential

Cons

Really no cons I can think of. If I had a passion for retail, I could see myself still there to this day.

I really had no problems working at The Home Depot. it was a great opportunity for me. I worked for the company for 4 years and received a position in my field of study after graduating from college. While I was there, it was many opportunities for promotions and raises. In addition, the work culture was great and they were very flexible around my personal schedule. Great Company.

Jun 13, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your employment with The Home Depot. We appreciate all of your hard work.

Other Reviews for The Home Depot

Learn Everything! They'll Teach You!

Current Employee - Special Services Associate  in  Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Special Services Associate in Columbus, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy movement- been there 3 months and already was okayed for a department change according to my interests.
    Lots of contact with the community
    You see a lot of regulars.
    GREAT coworkers. Everyone wants to get it done and get the sale as a team.
    The phone system is good, every department has a mobile phone to make it easier to direct calls and questions.

Cons

Organization is lacking in a lot of the pack down areas
    Schedules are conflicted a lot. One week 17 hours another week 45.
    Management doesn't always know how to use certain systems.

Learn what your workers have learned. Don't try to direct work flow and system input when you don't actually know how to use the system (special services especially) makes for a lot of clean up.

Jun 13, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is our commitment to not only customer service, but to our associates. Because taking ... More

I enjoyed working at the home depot.

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate  in  Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Boise, ID

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for more than a year

Pros

Company culture, opportunity for advancement, training, customer service skills, benefits, open management, many coworkers, opportunity for transfer, employee support programs.

Cons

Long hours, difficult to get time off, somewhat catty company culture between departments, hierarchal management, difficult to obtain wage increases.

Jun 18, 2014Client Partner

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!