There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

One location was GREAT, another location was not as good...

Former Employee - Cashier
Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent training and a friendly atmosphere. One location I worked at for almost a year before moving. They were very much like a family. Everyone knew each other and worked well together. That store was very successful.

Cons

Managers of the store make all the difference in the work environment. I could tell that a store wasn't managed very well and it made the job harder for everyone to work together.

Pick store managers very wisely and listen to lower employees about how to make the store run smoother.

Jun 26, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. Our associates and managers alike are essential parts of The Home Depot’s network. We appreciate your feedback.

5262 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Very clicky difficult to advance

Former Employee - Full Time Paint Department Associate in Bonita Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Full Time Paint Department Associate in Bonita Springs, FL

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My coworkers were great to work with customers were very appreciative. Not a strenuous job bonuses were very good. All around a good place to work

Cons

Treated like dirt. Lied to constantly by management. Wages were impossible to pay all my bills. Yearly raise was only a few pennies

Be honest with workers

Jul 25, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Please call 1.866.698.4347 and select the option for the Associate Advice Council Group (AACG) to express your concerns.

Fast paced, fun I.T. environment

Former Employee - I T Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - I T Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Never bored; always seeking to be more efficient and deliver a better experience for customers and store Associates.

Cons

Publicly traded company; many indirect bad financial decisions made because of promises to stock holders or worry of the stock price. Also, not much vacation and long working hours.

Continue to go back to the old days of focusing on your people. It needs to be implemented at every level including the stores. Provide opportunities to earn, buy or sell vacation.

Jun 10, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and we try our best to accommodate our associates’ needs.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot