There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

One location was GREAT, another location was not as good...

Former Employee - Cashier
Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent training and a friendly atmosphere. One location I worked at for almost a year before moving. They were very much like a family. Everyone knew each other and worked well together. That store was very successful.

Cons

Managers of the store make all the difference in the work environment. I could tell that a store wasn't managed very well and it made the job harder for everyone to work together.

Pick store managers very wisely and listen to lower employees about how to make the store run smoother.

Jun 26, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. Our associates and managers alike are essential parts of The Home Depot’s network. We appreciate your feedback.

5221 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

I love working here.

Current Employee - Department Supervisor in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Department Supervisor in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The work is challenging. The management gives me room to be an entrepreneur. Customer service is truly the top priority for our company.

Cons

The hours are so random that having a normal life outside of work is difficult. Buy in of real costumer service from some associates doesn't happen. They're just here to draw a paycheck.

Communicate, communicate, communicate. Especially with the night crew being so lousy, help us keep the overheads in better shape.

Jun 24, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your review. Retail associates are the face of The Home Depot for the thousands of customers who walk through the doors each day. As a retail associate you can expect to interact in a ... More

Very clicky difficult to advance

Former Employee - Full Time Paint Department Associate in Bonita Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Full Time Paint Department Associate in Bonita Springs, FL

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My coworkers were great to work with customers were very appreciative. Not a strenuous job bonuses were very good. All around a good place to work

Cons

Treated like dirt. Lied to constantly by management. Wages were impossible to pay all my bills. Yearly raise was only a few pennies

Be honest with workers

Jul 25, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Please call 1.866.698.4347 and select the option for the Associate Advice Council Group (AACG) to express your concerns.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot