The Home Depot

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Great company, great leadership

Current Employee - In-Store Promoter in Austin, TX
Current Employee - In-Store Promoter in Austin, TX

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The management is encouraging and cares about your success. Coworkers are friendly and helpful. Customer first attitude is amazing and something to be proud of for the second largest retailer in the world.

Cons

There is no employee discount. In my role there is no training on store layout to help customers, just get thrown in there and asked told to figure it out. Have to have a certain personality type and thick skin to succeed as an ISP.

Keep it up, train ISP's on store layout so to improve customer service.

Jun 26, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your employment with The Home Depot. From the top down, The Home Depot believes the key to business is our commitment to customer ... More

6018 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

One location was GREAT, another location was not as good...

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent training and a friendly atmosphere. One location I worked at for almost a year before moving. They were very much like a family. Everyone knew each other and worked well together. That store was very successful.

Cons

Managers of the store make all the difference in the work environment. I could tell that a store wasn't managed very well and it made the job harder for everyone to work together.

Pick store managers very wisely and listen to lower employees about how to make the store run smoother.

Jun 26, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. Our associates and managers alike are essential parts of The Home Depot’s network. We appreciate your feedback.

great Company

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity for career advancement, Core values followed at all locations. Training is good, ongoing training is required. Can attend school while employed

Cons

Long Hours, training program for new associates needs to be more hands on mostly computer based and non personal. work life balance always a challenge

Jun 26, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your employment with The Home Depot. We appreciate all of your hard work.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot