The Home Depot

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Fun and energizing atmosphere

Current Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you enjoy sharing your knowledge or testing your creativity, Home Depot will supply and endless stream of your kind of experiences. YOUR experience and enthusiasm is what made Home Depot famous and it is still alive with many of the associates.
The pressure is on when the traffic peaks, but it rarely lasts for more than an hour or so in any given area. That being said, wear good shoes and you'll get your 10,000 daily steps in to keep you fit.

Cons

At times the new retail methodology of part time and fewer people in the aisles is exasperating, but if you can appreciate being the person making people happy, you will enjoy working in the big box.
People looking to advance are too often willing to sacrifice those under them with impossible tasking while they stroll through their daily list of "things to do ".

My advise comes from 40 years of watching people make the wrong choices. Management would increase the bottom line if they went back to basics. Knowledge is power! You created the near perfect retail experience and took all the strength out of it. If you add 10% strength (people working well in the aisles) you will add 20% to the sales. That is what you are losing every time aisles are empty or under staffed and you lose sales and sacrifice merchandise to vaandalism and theft.

6032 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Great

Former Employee - Cashier in Oroville, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Oroville, CA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company really takes care of its associates

Cons

Management changes too frequently which affects performance revies

Keep it up!

The Home Depot Response

Aug 18, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your review. “Taking Care of Our People” is one of our core values. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience at The Home Depot.

Fair place

Current Employee - Department Supervisor in Kansas City Suburban Acreage, MO
    Current Employee - Department Supervisor in Kansas City Suburban Acreage, MO

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Success sharing, good people, advancement opportunities

Cons

Yearly raises aren't much, so if you get hired in low, it takes a while to get a decent wage, potentially high stress,

Pay department supervisors what they deserve. They do it all

The Home Depot Response

Aug 18, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We are happy to hear you are having a positive experience at The Home Depot. Keep up the great work taking care of our customers!

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot