The Home Depot

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Paint Sales Associate in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Paint Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I loved the willingness to work with my schedule as student in college. Fair amount of hours given, and they gave me a lot of info on my products that I used to be a knowledgable worker. Decent starting pay and ability for small bonuses.

Cons

Just issues that you would find at everywhere. I had issues with my department head being upset that I would help costumers in other departments. Nothing major.

Aug 18, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your review. Retail associates are the face of The Home Depot for the thousands of customers who walk through the doors each day. As a retail associate you can expect to interact in a ... More

5767 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

It's been great for me.

Current Employee - Department Supervisor
    Current Employee - Department Supervisor

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you work hard it will be recognized and promotions will become available.

Cons

You have to go with the flow like any retail job. If you cannot multitask and help more than one customer at a time, then this company is not for you.

The managers at my store do an excellent job. If anything, I would ask them to push more documentation for the people who do not perform.

Aug 18, 2014Client Partner

Great people, great service..enjoyed my stay...

Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Gilroy, CA
    Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Gilroy, CA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Enjoyed my time there. Opportunity to share my knowledge to help customers with their Home Improvement needs; whether Homeowner or Pro/Contractor. Also got to work with a great bunch of people all motivated to provide the same degree of quality customer service.

Cons

Typical of the Retail industry, have to work most weekends and arranging time off can be a challenge sometimes. Salaries also typical of retail. Could always use more pay.

Drive the company's directives, but never forget-take care of the associates, they take care of customers--everything else takes care of itself.

Aug 21, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience at The Home Depot.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot