The Home Depot

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Miserable place to work

Former Employee - Finance Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Finance Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There is nothing good to say about this company except that there is a Willy's, Starbucks, and Chick Filet close by.

Cons

No appreciation shown to employees. Promotions given based on time spent in the office and not actual work. No work life balance or flexibility regarding days off. No employee discounts (Lowes' employees get them and their prices are not more expensive than Home Depot)

Start appreciating the low men on the totem pole. Give an employee discount. Be more accommodating to people for days off during the holidays. Amend the bonus structure.

The Home Depot Response

Aug 18, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your review. In the same way that The Home Depot’s products help people build homes and projects, the eight core values we uphold help us build a strong business and culture. Our nearly ... More

5767 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

20 years with The Home Depot. 16 years in Management. 13 years Salaried.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The Bonuses. Stock options. Option to purchase Stocks.

Cons

Various Store Manager business directions and processes. Some are VERY UNREALISTIC!!!!!! Some Store Managers run the stores without and regards to the associates. Some associates feel as if they are worthless. The feelings are the hourly's are a dime a dozen!!! Health benefits are expensive.

Must have patience. Some Assist Managers are forced to take medical leave due to stress and pressure. Then Retaliated and treated differently when returning back from leave.

The Home Depot Response

Aug 21, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback. At The Home Depot, we strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly, and respected. Taking care of our people is one of our core ... More

It's not the same anymore.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Corpus Christi, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you want part time work while you finish your education, this could be a good fit. If you are young and want to work retail try it. Benefits and vacation can be earned.

Cons

Older workers being edged out. The emphasis on experience is gone. Minimum staffing with increased workload. It is very different from 10 years ago. No job security unless you are interested in moving forward for not such good wages to start. Management gives conflicting orders.

Value your older workers. They have the most to offer and the reasons to stay. A positive statement goes further than a writeup for something minor.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot