The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

All surfaces sales installation and coordination

Former Employee - Designer in Bellevue, WA
Former Employee - Designer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

the store manager at each store mostly sets the standards and pace, as well as how well that person manages and mentors the assistant managers. Good reason to work there is to find out how to juggle 40 things at once and do them all rather average - not bad really.

Cons

huge politics to keep the managers rolling in bonuses and the employees on the floor are road kill in the process. The most dishonest internal politics I have ever ever witnessed - all leveraged for management - floor people are just wipes.

Start over. Hire people with college degrees. Listen to the floor people and then act on it.

5790 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Helping customers top priority

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

Received decent pay, enjoyable work environment, helping customers, took job related courses to improve product knowledge, satisfactory standard working hours.

Cons

Sometimes had to work on days designated not for work, had to request days off 3 weeks in advance, day-off requests sometimes not granted, even if turned in earlier than minimum, pressuring managers.

Managers and supervisors need to connect with employees and talk on their level to show that they are not just for making numbers but to encourage everyone to make the company successful as a whole for everyone's benefit.

It's alright.

Former Employee - Lot Associate in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Lot Associate in Tucson, AZ

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

It's an easy fun job, lots of downtime to kill. You get to meet people of all ages and learn about things you might not have known. (It's home improvement, who wouldn't want to learn how to cut keys, install stuff [electrical, flooring, building, paint, garden]...There is so much to learn.

Cons

Customers expect you to know EVERYTHING. You might be walking from one end of the store (such as paint), and be going to the break room (say near Building and Lumber), and customers will stop you and ask you for where items are, what is the best product to use, etc. I was told to always walk the customer to the product "don't point". So of course I'm all around the store, when I'm just trying to use the bathroom or go to break.

Keep listening to the other employees about what they have to say, and do not be biased, do not discriminate, and do not have favoritism.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot