The Home Depot

fun

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

home depot is a great company. it has a lot of flexiblity in terms of departments and jobs. it has good benefits for their employees. the environment is easy and fun to work.

Cons

the pay isn't going to be great if you work at home depot. if you stay there long enough you might make it to manager and that may pay better.

the compnay itself is run pretty well. i have no complaints about their management and leadership. although their training programs are a bit strenuous. overall not as bad as some of the other companies

5529 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Best job I've ever had

Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Escondido, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Escondido, CA

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

I loved the independance that they allowed you, freedom to take customers to other departments and help them with their 'whole project' rather than just handing them off to an associate from that other department.

Cons

Short staffing during peak hours. Very small raises.

Managers should be required to take classes on personality management.

Home Depot is a company that is focused on doing the right thing for its employees and for the community.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

The people here are down to earth and for the most part, everyone is focused on doing what is best for the business and for the community. We do a lot to give back and family is something that our leaders value and that is shared with everyone. I am so excited that we are getting on-site childcare at our Atlanta offices in 2012! It is also an exciting time to be here because we have made great changes and are finding success!

Cons

For me, my ability to grow in my career is somewhat limited. Like any company, the politics get tiresome and seem to stand in the way of doing some great things.

Promote servant leadership if that is what you truly believe in and can support. The associates at this company respect its leaders and work hard to make it a success.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot