The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com
  www.homedepot.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Many changes with open and closed doors, just make sure you pick the right door.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

The provide growth of knowledge. I came into the company with no experience and because of their programs and support I was able not only learn new processes, I was able to excel in my position and was promoted within a year.

Cons

The company is forever changing, and creating new ways to handle issues, therefore the business structure changes quite often and while they try to minimize impact, many people still end up losing their job if the company does not see a "good fit" for you in the new positions.

Setting the example is very key, you cannot expect someone else to do it if you cannot. Also, defending your staff in conflicts with a better understanding of the processes/day to day stuff.

5530 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Great, but to many HR reorgs!!!They dont know what they want!!!

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

Great core values, and policies
    Associates and Managers take care of eachother
    A family environment

Cons

everyone who is in Atlanta, they are completly disconnected to what happens in the field.

make more store visits, unannounced, so you caan see the REAL home depot, not some dog and pony show

The Home Depot is a good place to start and build a mid-level career.

Former Employee - DHRM in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - DHRM in Louisville, KY

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

Great team work is a must to work here. Business partners must work hand in hand to achieve goals. Many times your goals are tied to financial awards at end of year.

Cons

Like most companies the jobs get more political the higher you move up the corporate chain. Salaried employees can be at times seen as expendable to make a point to others.

Consistentcy was what the company built its strength on and people wanting to grow and be successful with the company, not the company is more of a stepping stone job instead of a destination job.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot