Many changes with open and closed doors, just make sure you pick the right door.

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

The provide growth of knowledge. I came into the company with no experience and because of their programs and support I was able not only learn new processes, I was able to excel in my position and was promoted within a year.

Cons

The company is forever changing, and creating new ways to handle issues, therefore the business structure changes quite often and while they try to minimize impact, many people still end up losing their job if the company does not see a "good fit" for you in the new positions.

Setting the example is very key, you cannot expect someone else to do it if you cannot. Also, defending your staff in conflicts with a better understanding of the processes/day to day stuff.

Other Reviews for The Home Depot

The Home Depot is a good place to start and build a mid-level career.

Former Employee - DHRM  in  Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - DHRM in Louisville, KY

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

Great team work is a must to work here. Business partners must work hand in hand to achieve goals. Many times your goals are tied to financial awards at end of year.

Cons

Like most companies the jobs get more political the higher you move up the corporate chain. Salaried employees can be at times seen as expendable to make a point to others.

Consistentcy was what the company built its strength on and people wanting to grow and be successful with the company, not the company is more of a stepping stone job instead of a destination job.

You give your all and they use you up and spit you out.

Former Employee - Department Supervisor  in  Stockton, CA
    Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Stockton, CA

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

Co-workers, promote without education, customers.

Cons

Low pay, no reward for hardworking, no recgonition, terrible management, clueless leadership, favoritism, not caring about family life.

Stop favoritism and learn about the business. Get better at seeing who really gets you dollars and productivity.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!