The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com
  www.homedepot.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Great employer if retail is your cup of tea.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Evansville, IN
Former Employee - Store Manager in Evansville, IN

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

Great compensation. Lots of opportunity. Fast paced and fun. People are treated well. I started out making just over $6 an hour and am now close to 6 figures (with bonuses).

Cons

Hope you enjoy working weekends and holidays. Work-life balance is not much of an option. This is not the fault of the management staff, as it is inherent to the retail industry as a whole.

I understand that this is a retail business and not much can be done about the weekends and holidays.

5372 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

My position is perfect for my circumstances and it's been pretty good so far

Current Employee - Part Time Freight Team
    Current Employee - Part Time Freight Team

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

Part-Time Freight team is a great part time job for stay at home moms who want to make some extra money. I work from 8pm-midnight (or later depending on freight) from Mon-Fri. Don't have to pay a babysitter since hubby is home from work and by then I'm ready to get outf the house anyway! I make $10/hr which is pretty good for the area and I get a work out with all the lifting!

Cons

Hate that they (like most retailers) are open for most holidays. I hear complaints from full timers about never getting two days in a row off, but my job is Mon-Fri so I don't have to deal with that.

The night crew isn't as kept "in the loop" as day timers. Sometimes ( or a lot of times) we get blamed for stuff that we didn't do.

Not enough sales staff equal not enough sales.

Current Employee - Master Electrical Specialist in Chico, CA
    Current Employee - Master Electrical Specialist in Chico, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

Good people, can be a fun place to work. Good store managers. When a customer gets the kind of help they need or when they learn something about a new product or how they can do something for themselves, it can be very rewarding on a personal level. The better the service, the better the sales, the happier the customer and they will return again and tell a friend.

Cons

No A/C during the summer season. Corporate / Regional management cut employee hours because of slow economy and sales. The customer feed back is there is never enough sales staff to help them and therefore they shop somewhere else. Not enough sales staff equal not enough sales.

Do something about the heat. Do something about the mosquitos.... before we have a case of West Nile virus The customers complain, the employees become irritable and all this equates to lost customers...

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot