The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com

Interesting job but issues with other associates

Bay Integrity Associate (Current Employee)

ProsMy position as BIA is a rather new position, as they were phasing out the old full-time IMS (Inventory Management Associates) and replacing them with the part-time BIA.

Anyways, I really like my job. I basically maintain price tags and make sure bays are sequenced correctly and such. The hours are early (4 am-9:30 am), but I'm a morning person so it's fine. I'm rather detailed-oriented so making sure prices are correct and that product is in the right spot is nice.

ConsMy biggest issue is with the MET team. They do all of the bay resets and merchandising and such, and we always clash. The BIAs have these mobile carts where the price tags print from, and on them we have our supplies, like tape, scissors, wobblers, etc. The MET team members, when they need any of these supplies, instead of going to the supply closet or the sign bay, they just take stuff from our carts without asking. It got so bad I had to put my supplies in my locker when I'm not working.

They also sometimes don't sequence the bays after they've reset them, or they do but don't change the tags. I understand that they have a limited window to do their work, but not sequencing the bays at the very least makes my job harder. And I've talked to them as well as my managers, but nothing has been done. Now it's so bad that I always dread the day of the week when they come in.

Some of the department heads make my job tough as well. In one department, the head always closes packdowns I open without putting the product on the shelf. They also have this attitude that they're better than me since I'm new.

I also hate that there's no room for advancement. The only way for me to get full-time status is to move from this position to another one, now that they changed things around.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the BIA position full-time again so we can actually get stuff done, and make sure the MET team actually does their job.

Fortunate to be with a strong and fun company

Merchandising Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros: Strong company, excellent options for advancement and bonuses Cons: Lack some technological updates other retailers have but working on… Advice to Senior Management: Organize the execution of "important" focuses and stop overwhelming stores… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great first job

Garden Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros: The employees there really make you feel welcome. There is always something to do there. Management does… Cons: As a part time associate, I wasn't offered many hours of work per week. Then, during the evening shifts,… Advice to Senior Management: Motivate, motivate, motivate Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on The Home Depot.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!