The Humane Society
www.hsus.org Gaithersburg, MD 150 to 499 Employees

Love dogs, had a great time

Dog Walker (Current Employee)
Tucson, AZ

I have been working at The Humane Society

ProsGot to exercise and walk dogs at the same time. Loved helping the community. Great experience.

ConsSome of the fellow volunteers can be bossy and think they know everything better than you. Also some employees that work there do not know the rules exactly for volunteers and yell at them for things they shouldn't be yelled at about. Also, I have heard from some friends who have been very interested in adopting that some employees have been rude to them.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on community relations with your employees. Have them learn what the rules are for employees. And lastly, teach your employees better people skills on how to treat potential customers.

A wonderful place to work

Management (Former Employee)
Gaithersburg, MD

I worked at The Humane Society

Pros: Incredibly dedicated, smart, talented,passionate team of people. Execellent benefits package. Employee morale is VERY high. Work is extremely rewarding. Employees are… Cons: Very low pay and very high cost of living in… Advice to Senior Management: Increase pay scales to be more in line with other… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Super nice people to work for.

Temporary Employee (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at The Humane Society

Pros: To do good for animals around the world! Getting hired to work with them was a pleasure and they were helpful without getting in your… Cons: Non-profit so no profit sharing. Hard to come by new… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on The Humane Society.

Worked for The Humane Society? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Humane Society reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Humane Society CEO Wayne Pacelle. All reviews posted anonymously by The Humane Society employees.