The Johns Hopkins Hospital

There are newer employer reviews for The Johns Hopkins Hospital

pathology associate

Former Employee - Pathology Associate in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Pathology Associate in Baltimore, MD

I worked at The Johns Hopkins Hospital full-time (more than an year)

Pros

one of the best pathology department in US

Cons

Too stressful and too busy

adjust yourself

73 Other Employee Reviews for The Johns Hopkins Hospital (View Most Recent)

Good place for a postdoc

Current Employee - Postdoctoral in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Postdoctoral in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at The Johns Hopkins Hospital full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Postdoctoral association is great
    Professional Development Office is good for courses/tools for career development
    Medical and dental benefits are good, primary care physicians are available on site

Cons

Housing in Baltimore is somewhat spotty, cheap rentals are usually found in bad areas
    Salary determined by NIH payscale

Fairly collaborative and Autonomous (Main Hospital)

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Baltimore, MD

I worked at The Johns Hopkins Hospital full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Having moved on after working here for 4 years, I sometimes wish I could go back! I now realize the value of the collaborative and autonomous environment for nursing that I enjoyed. It was a tough place to be and expectations were high on my unit, but I felt supported by my fellow nurses and I also felt that many of the residents were top-notch at listening to nursing feedback.
    I also appreciate the drive to make the healthcare that was provided better, in terms of patient safety and other quality factors. Even if something fell flat, other things were tried. It is an exciting place to work and it felt like you had opportunities to join committees and to be involved and appreciated if you took them.

Cons

Same as with nursing in all places. Sometimes it felt like the nurse to patient ratio was unsafe, and that we were just waiting for an adverse event to occur. This is the health care system we operate in, I think.
    And as always, there are those physicians who bully nursing and try to make a name for themselves without reprisal.
    Location.

Encourage more input from the "grassroots." Allow at few hours paid time off the floor for education and committee membership, and make it easier for nursing and ancillary staff to be involved and invested in the hospital.

There are newer employer reviews for The Johns Hopkins Hospital