The Johns Hopkins Hospital

www.hopkinsmedicine.org
There are newer employer reviews for The Johns Hopkins Hospital

challenging yet rewarding

I have been working at The Johns Hopkins Hospital full-time

Pros

At JHH I have great colleagues and good interdisciplinary cooperation. We see a variety of patients with a wide range of diagnoses.

Cons

It is a very busy hospital. The patient's can be very ill. Nurses work 40 hours a week instead of 36 hours a week.

none

73 Other Employee Reviews for The Johns Hopkins Hospital (View Most Recent)

Great team environment, opportunity to learn and push yourself professionally.

Current Employee - Laboratory Specialist in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Laboratory Specialist in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at The Johns Hopkins Hospital full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Ability to work with some of the greatest minds in medicine. Great benefits, opportunity to learn from many diverse backgrounds. Cutting-edge technology and advancements.

Cons

Sometimes business interests come before the people, easy to get "lost in the crowd". Credit not always given when it's deserved.

Be upfront with employees, don't tell them one thing when you really know another.

Hopkins RN

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at The Johns Hopkins Hospital full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great benefits, great tuition reimbursement, live where you work program, RN residency program,

Cons

live where you work program is in the ghetto, patient population is very rough, very poor salary as compared to other hospitals.

please pay us more money to retain staff, it really depends on the floor, some floors and departments are great for advancement and scheduling others, 'nurses eat their young'

There are newer employer reviews for The Johns Hopkins Hospital