The Johns Hopkins Hospital

Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for The Johns Hopkins Hospital

Awesome place to work. I'm in the IT field and love what I do

I have been working at The Johns Hopkins Hospital

Pros

Great place to to work, lots of room for advancement. I've received 4 promotions within 2 years. My work always seems to be appreciated and the feedback is also valuable, good and bad

Cons

I have no cons, in most cases life is what you make it and this transcends to work life. Make the best of it is my motto

Keep up what you are doing. This is my personal experience and a very positive one

82 Other Employee Reviews for The Johns Hopkins Hospital (View Most Recent)

Just Okay.

Current Employee - Allied Heath Health Tech in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Allied Heath Health Tech in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at The Johns Hopkins Hospital full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are decent. Working with some of the best Drs out there. Incredible research happening.

Cons

Very little in the way of personal feedback. Everyone - no matter what, good employees or bad employees, are treated the exact same way when it comes to compensation. Compensation is low- they feel their name on your resume is partial compensation. Very little work and life balance- at Hopkins your life is work.

Hopkins is a teaching hospital and tends to treat all their employees as though they are there to learn and move on. This doesn't make sense for your employees who are not doctors and therefore you find a lot of new (fresh out of school) employees who will leave as soon as they get experience because Hopkins never meaningfully ups your salary. The other smaller group are very long term employees just waiting for their pensions and not particularly motivated to contribute. You would do well to try and keep your 5-10 year employees by adjusting compensation. (I made a $1 more an hour after 5 years of top notch reviews- I am leaving for another hospital that is willing to pay me $7 more an hour... so essentially you are just training for other hospitals- cheaper for them more expensive for you.)

Hopkins

Former Employee - Clinical Customer Service Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Clinical Customer Service Representative in Baltimore, MD

I worked at The Johns Hopkins Hospital full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, good professional development perks and they help you pay for school, as long as you work in return.

Cons

Pay, even with a masters degree.
    If you are a minority - expect to feel marginalized

Train staff in cultural competence. Diversify leadership roles.

There are newer employer reviews for The Johns Hopkins Hospital