The Johns Hopkins Hospital

www.hopkinsmedicine.org
There are newer employer reviews for The Johns Hopkins Hospital

Awesome place to work. I'm in the IT field and love what I do

I have been working at The Johns Hopkins Hospital

Pros

Great place to to work, lots of room for advancement. I've received 4 promotions within 2 years. My work always seems to be appreciated and the feedback is also valuable, good and bad

Cons

I have no cons, in most cases life is what you make it and this transcends to work life. Make the best of it is my motto

Keep up what you are doing. This is my personal experience and a very positive one

69 Other Employee Reviews for The Johns Hopkins Hospital (View Most Recent)

Food Service

I have been working at The Johns Hopkins Hospital full-time

Pros

Work-Life Balance IS Good

Cons

Manger can sometimes be a a pain

Talk to your workers better. A happy worker makes production go smoothly

Just Okay.

Current Employee - Allied Heath Health Tech  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Allied Heath Health Tech in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at The Johns Hopkins Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits are decent. Working with some of the best Drs out there. Incredible research happening.

Cons

Very little in the way of personal feedback. Everyone - no matter what, good employees or bad employees, are treated the exact same way when it comes to compensation. Compensation is low- they feel their name on your resume is partial compensation. Very little work and life balance- at Hopkins your life is work.

Hopkins is a teaching hospital and tends to treat all their employees as though they are there to learn and move on. This doesn't make sense for your employees who are not doctors and therefore you find a lot of new (fresh out of school) employees who will leave as soon as they get experience because Hopkins never meaningfully ups your salary. The other smaller group are very long term employees just waiting for their pensions and not particularly motivated to contribute. You would do well to try and keep your 5-10 year employees by adjusting compensation. (I made a $1 more an hour after 5 years of top notch reviews- I am leaving for another hospital that is willing to pay me $7 more an hour... so essentially you are just training for other hospitals- cheaper for them more expensive for you.)

There are newer employer reviews for The Johns Hopkins Hospital

Worked for The Johns Hopkins Hospital? Contribute to the Community!