There are newer employer reviews for The Jones Group

Just want to be heard

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in White Plains, NY
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in White Plains, NY

I have been working at The Jones Group

Pros

There is a low turnover rate and a mature staff

Cons

I have worked here several years and this has been one of the worst years in terms of quality and selection of clothes. When a customer looks at me and says "what has happened to this company, I use to be able to spend so much money here." I am speechless. I personally told the young buyer, "you are not buying for the AK customer". The needs of our mature customers are different, they want the classic fit and timeless style. But now we are stuck with an inventory of short skirts, low rise pants and cropped jackets.

Next time you hold a "best and worst" meeting, please ask us, the ones that are trying hard to sell the merchandise. The buyer only know numbers. Ask us why something sells or not, we can give you honest feedback of what the customer has told us. We see how the clothes fit. The buyer sees a sample. We truly want to make money for this company and we want to bring JONES NEW YORK back to what it use to be, great quality and classic looks.

153 Other Employee Reviews for The Jones Group (View Most Recent)

Great for stability, not for creativity

Current Employee - Assistant Designer - (actual Pay Title: Designer 1) in New York, NY

I have been working at The Jones Group

Pros

I only know the design field but they have great benefits, 401K, overtime, time off is never a problem, I don't have to work too late. I am exposed to alot of different departments. If you are just starting out, it's interesting to see the interworkings of a large company.

Cons

Complain as much as you want, HR does nothing to management that behaves badly. The wasting of thousands of dollars on knocking off other designers is the norm, don't expect any creativity to be cultivated. Expect to turn into a "yes, man" to survive. The design jobs are more secretarial than anything else. If you want to move ahead, expect to wait years.

Get rid of middle management that does nothing but take up space. They have people in management that don't even know how to use the computer. They are simply still there because they've racked up years and maneuvered their position well. Also If they're so worried about money that they need to layoff a ton of people this holiday, and not give raises next year, why not look at the money management spends? I'm sure we could have saved a few jobs if some people stop shopping at Saks.

great job but a frustrating environment

Current Employee - Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at The Jones Group

Pros

in a difficult market, it's a fairly stable company

Cons

The hours are terrible. The way the divisions are broken down makes it impossible to take time off. There's always a deadline that can not be missed.

Keeping your empolyee's happy can be as simple as paying them what they are worth. People that do these jobs are expected to spend every second of their day at work. They should at least be compensated for it.

There are newer employer reviews for The Jones Group