Jones Apparel is a good place to work

Former Employee - Assistant Designer  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Assistant Designer in New York, NY

I worked at The Jones Group

Pros

Jones Apparel was an excellent place to work, the people and culture.

Cons

Some downsides of workin at JAG is the upper staff, and not enough exposure to the entire fasion process.

To be more fair and to play "nice".Sometimes senior management would be nice only to their friends, and not to all coworkers. I feel that sometimes the older employees got the bad end of the stick, as younger employees kept coming in.

Other Reviews for The Jones Group

We care, do you?

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Smallwood, NY
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Smallwood, NY

I have been working at The Jones Group

Pros

Left alone most of the time to do the job you have been hired to do. Benefit package is fair

Cons

No one wants to listen to the people that run the stores. People in the office never answer their phones, always get voice mail. They don't answer emails, and they just don't answer any question for us at store level.

Listen to us! Get us together once a year at a company meeting so we understand what is going on. If this is not possible then do it district wide and have some of the "important people" in the company come to us and let us know what is new and coming to the company and let us feel that we are apart of it. Remember store level is where the money comes in--no stores, no money, no jobs for the office people.

Just want to be heard

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in White Plains, NY

I have been working at The Jones Group

Pros

There is a low turnover rate and a mature staff

Cons

I have worked here several years and this has been one of the worst years in terms of quality and selection of clothes. When a customer looks at me and says "what has happened to this company, I use to be able to spend so much money here." I am speechless. I personally told the young buyer, "you are not buying for the AK customer". The needs of our mature customers are different, they want the classic fit and timeless style. But now we are stuck with an inventory of short skirts, low rise pants and cropped jackets.

Next time you hold a "best and worst" meeting, please ask us, the ones that are trying hard to sell the merchandise. The buyer only know numbers. Ask us why something sells or not, we can give you honest feedback of what the customer has told us. We see how the clothes fit. The buyer sees a sample. We truly want to make money for this company and we want to bring JONES NEW YORK back to what it use to be, great quality and classic looks.

There are newer employer reviews for The Jones Group.

Worked for The Jones Group? Contribute to the Community!