There are newer employer reviews for The Jones Group

good experiences learned here

I worked at The Jones Group

Pros

great people, great work/life balance,good environment,

Cons

limited opportunity for promotions and higher salaries

reviews filtered by

the seedy underbelly of retail

Former Employee - Key Holder/Senior Sales Associate in Riverhead, NY
    Former Employee - Key Holder/Senior Sales Associate in Riverhead, NY

I worked at The Jones Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

When you have autonomy it's a pretty fun place. The customers are the best part of the job - and when somebody in retail sales makes a statement like that, you know it all goes downhill from there.

Cons

Zero advancement opportunity. They throw the idea of tenure out of the window in favor of nepotism, favoritism, cronyism, and hostility toward their workers. They are antisocial in regard to worker rights and they actively promote one-sided discrimination of their front line workers. They are only concerned with accountability in so much that they want somebody to place the blame onto. Every office chair in that company is behind a revolving door, from the District Store Manager all the way on up to the C-level executives - who merely use the company as padding for their resume while enacting destructive policy changes and vitriolic cultural ideas.

Strict adherence to the policy of KPI's (Key Productive Indicators) goes a long way toward ensuring profitability, but at the expense of some of the company's best humanistic resources.

Learn what is going on in your stores at the ground level. That sounds like a loaded statement, but the corporate structure is completely blind to the individual stores' (I worked in the outlet division) atmosphere.

The biggest problem I've seen is not even something that I've been affected by personally, but I've been able to identify the way in which is affects the entire job environment at the store level. The DSM's are concerned about job security (I've had five DSM's in just as many years), and that makes them act in an anti-social fashion toward each other and their own workers, which creates a destructive atmosphere.

2. Decent environment but no advancement opportunities. Fine as a JOB not as a CAREER

Current Employee - Bank Auditor in Bristol, PA
    Current Employee - Bank Auditor in Bristol, PA

I have been working at The Jones Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work is challenging and I am kepy busy, which I prefer. Employees are friendly. Time off is good. Early Fridays. Summer/Fall bbq and Holiday party. Bonus at end of year. Exceptional discount on brand products at company stores

Cons

Very rarely promotes from within. Management puts up with workers who should do more while dumping on their coworkers. Some areas are too tighly controlled where others are allowed to do what they want.

Look at the employees you are overlooking as most are willing to and can do much more for the company if given the opportunity.

There are newer employer reviews for The Jones Group