The Jones Group

www.jonesgroupinc.com
  www.jonesgroupinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Jones Group

Many, many changes in corporate structure.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at The Jones Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Stable job with good salary and perks. Excellent 401k.
Large company and there are some very good people working there.

Cons

Many corporate changes over the years. Directions of business changed often.

161 Other Employee Reviews for The Jones Group (View Most Recent)

Not a positive work environment.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at The Jones Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

40% discount. Good benefits. Salary was decent compared to other retail companies in my area. The hours were reasonable. The workload given to me was manageable.

Cons

The store I worked in was lacking in team work. Most everyone there was only out for their own best interests, rather than what was best for the store and the company. Every employee was given an individual sales goal, and this brought out the worst in some people. Certain people would make sure that they were assisting all guests, or go as far as taking customers that were being helped already and taking that sale, making it impossible for others to make their goals. The manager not only allowed this to continue to happen but seemed to encourage this type of behavior. Working the sales floor was a nightmare because you were just going to be run over by overly aggressive employees trying to exceed their goals. Then at the end of the month you would get a coaching session with your manager so they can tell you how terrible your numbers are. Your job performance is mainly based on your individual sales and if you aren't making your numbers then you will be scored very low. There is very little recognition for anything other than exceeding your personal sales goals. All in all, it was a very frustrating and stressful experience and I started looking elsewhere for employment. Fortunately, I was able to find something better. I don't recommend this company, mostly because of its policies regarding individual goals. Other Jones stores may be different, but I'm sure this is probably an issue for many of their stores.

The company should focus more on promoting team work.

Since the company buyout Upper Management have been promoting themselves and increasing their salaries

Current Employee - Production Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Production Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at The Jones Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Most co-workers are great and helpful team players. Makes your daily job responsibilities bearable along a good team

Cons

Favoritism at it's finest, speaking for the suit division upper management has promoted themselves and those of their favorites, ridiculous raises given to themselves, poor leadership, managers and directors lack knowledge but are experts on passing work to their staff, employees are under appreciated unless you kiss management's feet, sales team love passing blame and moral is low. Early Friday dismissal are a joke as not everyone leaves at 3pm as should. Will probably be a thing of the past as VPs breathe, eat and live for their positions and do not value quality of life. They expect others to do the same but don't show it come review time. Management very sneaky on letting their staff know about other employee promotions. Usually find out along the grapevine instead of formally.

Learn to train your employees for growth based on their strengths and not on their personal interests. You will be guaranteed hardworking loyal employees in return. I guess enjoy your higher titles and raises given because the suit division will belly up in less than 2yrs.

There are newer employer reviews for The Jones Group