The LaSalle Network

www.thelasallenetwork.com
  www.thelasallenetwork.com
There are newer employer reviews for The LaSalle Network

Culture Above All Else

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The office is nice, and employees are friendly. Many employees are hard working and good at what they do. Those are really the only plus points

Cons

The company values culture more than any other company I have seen. While that is not necessarily a bad thing, they take it a bit too far. Culture and social interaction with other employees is sometimes valued higher than the work that needs to be accomplished, and if you do not fit the culture to a T, that in itself can be grounds for them to let you go. It feels somewhat like the "popular girls" in high school. If you are not just like the popular girls you are out. Compensation is below average. The hours can be long if you do not live in the city (you can expect to get to work at 7:30am and you will leave at 6:00pm at the very earliest). There is equal importance placed on completing heavy workloads and the obligation to socialize and get to know all of your coworkers on a deep level every day (which there often isn't time to do both). It takes a very very specific kind of person to stay at this company

Relax on the company culture aspect a little bit

46 Other Employee Reviews for The LaSalle Network (View Most Recent)

Great People

I worked at The LaSalle Network

Pros

The office culture is great. Youthful environment. Project management team consists of amazing women who are passionate about their jobs. Overall, a great experience.

Cons

There was a high-turnaround of Recruiters. Most are college students or recent grads trying to making a paycheck. The pay was low. There were no opportunities to move up from a Recruiter level considering most of us were only temp-to-hire employees.

Allow your Recruiters to be considered and feel an active part of the team.

Tremendous growth potential both as a company and on an individual professional level.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A company culture where you can rely on and trust the person sitting next to you. A culture of peers that challenge each other and don't accept anything less than your best effort and expect a positive attitude, but understand when you've got stuff going on outside of your career. A senior management layer that is hands on, nurturing, and approachable. Vacation and compensation are generous, but the onus is on you to produce using the tools that you have available to you (continuing education, training, weekly meetings to discuss issues/successes with management and as a company). There are a lot of performance based incentives and tons of company outings.

Cons

I personally do not see any cons with the organization. However, I know from being in the industry for 3 years now that recruiting is not for everyone. Employees who have left or had a bad experience here have complained primarily about long hours, but in my evaluation those are people that expected a 9-5. The fact of the matter is, if you want to punch a clock, there are plenty of places for you to go do that. LaSalle Network is not one of those places. With that being said, we're not killing ourselves 60-90 hours per week. Most employees are in from 7:45 - 6:00 which is not even close to the type of long hours that many other sectors see as a normal aspect of the career path.

One of the greatest qualities about life at LaSalle Network is that if I do have any advice for Management, I can walk into their office and give it to them in person. So my only advice here is don't ever let that change.

There are newer employer reviews for The LaSalle Network