There are newer employer reviews for The LaSalle Network

Recommended for those who do not mind temping indefinitely.

Former Employee - Anonymous
Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They found me a position within 12 days of my interview! The company I was sent to work for was clean, in a safe area, and the management and staff were friendly!

Cons

LaSalle kept telling me they were negotiating for my permanent hire with the company... even though management within the company told me directly that NO HIRING was being done this year. So I would have remained a temp for at least 2 years... IF I didn't get let go, as the company went through 4 rounds of firings while I was there. When I was making the decision to leave (based on long commute, goals, under-payment, lack of possible advancement, etc...) I kept my LaSalle partner informed A WHOLE MONTH AND A HALF out from when I finally left. I also completed a full 2 weeks notice, except for the very last day as I had 2 job interviews that could not be moved. AND EVEN THEN I called several hours before my start time to give a professional warning and apology. What I learned is that when you are partnered with LaSalle, it's all encouragement and teamwork. But if you decide to leave a position, you can forget about using their services in the future or even receiving A PHONE CALL or EMAIL back when you leave repeated messages for your previous 'partners.'

Advice to Management

Be honest about job advancement prospects. And if partners have to move on, especially if they keep you graciously and professionally informed, don't treat them like traitors.

Other Employee Reviews for The LaSalle Network

Culture Above All Else

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office is nice, and employees are friendly. Many employees are hard working and good at what they do. Those are really the only plus points

Cons

The company values culture more than any other company I have seen. While that is not necessarily a bad thing, they take it a bit too far. Culture and social interaction with other employees is sometimes valued higher than the work that needs to be accomplished, and if you do not fit the culture to a T, that in itself can be grounds for them to let you go. It feels somewhat like the "popular girls" in high school. If you are not just like the popular girls you are out. Compensation is below average. The hours can be long if you do not live in the city (you can expect to get to work at 7:30am and you will leave at 6:00pm at the very earliest). There is equal importance placed on completing heavy workloads and the obligation to socialize and get to know all of your coworkers on a deep level every day (which there often isn't time to do both). It takes a very very specific kind of person to stay at this company

Advice to Management

Relax on the company culture aspect a little bit

They just don't get it

Pros

You will get a good laugh after hearing their sales pitch about how "honest" they are with you.

Cons

They simply do not know each candidate's identity. In college, I was a finance and accounting major. I went to them a few years after graduation and they window-dressed a customer service job as some sort of fancy, entry-level accounting position. PURE SCUM. STAY FAR AWAY

Advice to Management

Grow a pair and be honest if you don't have anything to offer to you clients.