There are newer employer reviews for The LaSalle Network

Great place to gain experience!

Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

The management will develop you as a professional if you are willing to work hard. They are committed to training and allowing experiences in which to grow. The atmosphere is really energetic and team based which makes things more fun. It is nice that they divide up sales and service, so that employees can concentrate on whatever they feel is their strength. Team based concept is really good and enhanced synergy. The company does really want to make good placements and service the client well. The company has good energy and is fun!

Cons

You have to work long hours and it felt like you had to do "face time" to some extent. If you were at a good place with your placements, you still could not just leave after 5. Not fun to wait around until someone else was brave enough to pack up for the day! Leaving for a full lunch outside the office most days was not a reality. Management certainly recognized hard work and merit, but who was invited to the management happy hours were often the same people and it frankly felt cliquey.

Advice to Management

Allow your staff a better quality of life (encourage a lunch hour, Friday off after Thanksgiving). You could offer floating holidays to those who work the Christmas Eve or the day after Thanksgiving. Your people work really hard and let them enjoy time outside work and a chance to relax after an intense day. Make sure that people don't feel that they are "in or out" and have a policy of inclusion.

Other Employee Reviews for The LaSalle Network

1. Endless Career Growth!

Current Employee - Manager of Major Accounts in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager of Major Accounts in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

LaSalle Network is a collaborative, team based professional services firm that gives their employees all the tools to be successful and grow their careers. Over 90% of our management has been groomed from within, which goes to show that the opportunities for upward mobility are endless. Our company culture is second to none, which was showcased by Crain’s Chicago in their annual “Best Places to Work” publication. We do a great job of celebrating individual achievements along with companywide success when we accomplish our goals. LaSalle offers excellent benefits and an aggressive compensation plan.

Cons

There aren't many cons in my opinion...if you're willing to roll up your sleeves, work hard and aren't afraid to fail it is incredibly rewarding. LaSalle Network gives it's employees ample opportunities to shine and has always been transparent when there are deficiencies with an employees work product or attitude.

Advice to Management

Keep motivating us to be our best and we'll do everything possible to execute on your strategy!

The LaSalle Network Response

Sep 2, 2014 – Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

2. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

What you put in, you get out--LaSalle invests in its employees for the long run which is why it is not the typical churn and burn recruiting firm. Employees are supported, encouraged, coached and given all the tools you need to be successful. The sky is the limit in terms of earning potential, and management will listen to your ideas and issues. This is a place that wants to help develop its employees professionally but also personally. I consider LaSalle family and couldn't imagine working elsewhere. LaSalle is a place where you can be yourself, be goofy and creative while having the drive and motivation to do well.

Cons

There is no 401k match.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work---the constant support and acknowedgment from leadership keeps people engaged and loyal.