The Learning Experience

www.thelearningexperience.com
  www.thelearningexperience.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Learning Experience

Good place for those seeking a career in early childhood education

I worked at The Learning Experience full-time

Pros

Helpful and supportive management. Management is encouraging and always there to give great advice on any issue pertaining to a specific child or classroom as a whole. They try their absolute best to accommodate time off requests and/or working around school schedules for those who are in high school, college or graduate school. Great place for parents of kids of all ages because programs, (daily) activities and curriculum are created with the kids best interest at heart. Good place to work for people who are considering or actively pursing a career in early childhood education. Very clean, bright, cheerful and nurturing environment.

Cons

Salary and benefits aren't the greatest which makes it difficult to stay long-term. Pay increases/raises are very rare. Working with the other teachers (in your classroom or in another) isn't always easy and in some instances, fighting is too often an occurrence which can hinder the successful running of the classroom.

28 Other Employee Reviews for The Learning Experience (View Most Recent)

The only good part is the children

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Warren, NJ
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Warren, NJ

I have been working at The Learning Experience full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I wake up excited to go see my kids and their parents and do come up with fun art projects, teach, and play! The kids are a delight. Some of the other staff is very friendly

Cons

The people who "manage" the place treat it entirely as a business, not a daycare. I spend my own money on supplies that they should be buying which get stolen or thrown out, I am criticized for the most absurd things that other staff are not. The ratio is not always paid attention to. The management does not care to take the time out of their days to contact parents when necessary. Basically, it is entirely political and full of double standards.

Treat people equally and stop hiring part timers who just are there to socialize. Treat us with respect and we'll work harder.

All Around Bad

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Bordentown, NJ
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Bordentown, NJ

I worked at The Learning Experience full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun working with children.

Cons

- Management frequently requests you work longer hours, without breaks, usually in rooms not assigned to you. No overtime.
    - Near impossible to get a raise.
    - Kids are frequently shoved around in other classrooms (because so many teachers call out)
    - Very high turnover rate.
    - No paid holidays or any time off - expect to work in blizzards and other extreme weather, even when there are emergency alerts to stay inside.

Teachers should be paid their worth. Overtime should be mandatory.
    Kids should be in their own room with a curriculum that is always followed, not changed around in someone's absence.

There are newer employer reviews for The Learning Experience