Don't bother...

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Beachwood, OH
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Beachwood, OH

I have been working at The Limited part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fine while in school. Creative environment. Really fun customers to work with.

Cons

I'm not sure how other locations work but breaks are never given, I've worked 7 hour shifts with no break. Terrible pay. No promotion opportunities even though I was given responsibilities of a manager and was mistaken as the manager many times by customers.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the sales associates that have a passion for the customer are willing to go above and beyond for the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A company that truly cares about supporting their field culture

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at The Limited full-time

Pros

I have worked for many retailers and this has by far been the most enjoyable experience. Upper management is extremely involved with all facets of the brand and are constantly gathering feedback from stores. If you like fashion and styling, this is the job for you. As a store manager, I help sophisticated professionals find styles they love and are comfortable in for work and leisure. I enjoy the freedom I have to be an owner in my own store and motivate and inspire my management team and part time associates. I also have a good work-life balance, which can sometimes be very hard to find within the retail industry. I have fun at work!

Cons

It is a small company with only about 250 stores open in the U.S. This doesn't allow for much movement or opportunity for growth in some areas where stores are scarce.

Advice to Management

Continue to take feedback from stores and send out surveys. Continue to support stores with the payroll needed to complete tasks so that the client experience does not suffer. Continue to be critical so that we can move forward as a brand and keep growing. Push consistency among stores' management teams so that every client's experience is a consistent positive experience.

2. It got me through a transitional period, but i definitely won't miss it.

I worked at The Limited part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had some great coworkers and built a much better wardrobe. As with any retail job, it's nice to have some weekdays off to do errands.

Cons

I also had some terrible coworkers. The pay is not minimum wage, but it's hard to get raises. They tend not to promote from within, which is frustrating when you've been there a while and see less experienced people coming in over you.

Advice to Management

Showing a little gratitude goes a long way. I get that retail pay is not good, but if I had at least felt like my work was recognized and appreciated, I might have been a little less unhappy.