The MENTOR Network

www.thementornetwork.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for The MENTOR Network

Be happy. It's in your hands. Mentor gives you the capability to do anything and be anything. misery loves company.

Current Employee - Everyone in Mount Laurel, NJ
Current Employee - Everyone in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at The MENTOR Network (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pros: I have never laughed so hard and worked so hard at the same time. I have met some great people. I enjoy myself at work when we are able to laugh without fear of being asked not to laugh so loud. If all employees focused on making it better rather than sitting in misery, they too would enjoy their life.

Cons

Management is stretched too thin and cannot focus on corporate standards, jersey standards, and putting fires out. Con: lazy employees who receive a pay check and get on boards like these to say how hard their troubles are. Maybe if everyone learned that others around them are running at light speed, they could get up and help. Or just blogggg away

For NJ- ED not to show pressure and to take it out on the persons that have held her up all these years. Changes are good and bad, but look has been our glue, that's why our glue is beat.. Management could commnicate more, like the recent staff mtg held. we need more. That was the first meeting. You are running too fast and need to trust a little more without passing judgements in the hallway in front of everyone. If it were up to me, I would make some changes now. people can only do but so much. chill out! also, take the receptionist's phone out of her hand and stop hiring family members. Everyone knows everyone is related. This should stop. I have full confidence in our management, just need to resolve the battles in the office. everyone still has a box under their desk. While we love mentor, we have ideas that will never come to day because we are told our opinions by you. Is that really open door. I support you all. Just stop gossipping. Its bad for the office.

192 Other Employee Reviews for The MENTOR Network (View Most Recent)

Very Poor

Former Employee - Program Coordinator in Davenport, IA
    Former Employee - Program Coordinator in Davenport, IA

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The one and only good thing about this company is the relationship you build with the individuals, while doing direct care.

Cons

They treat their good, hardworking, dedicated employees as though they are expendable, and they take complete advantage of their employees. There is no gratitude or appreciation for all the hard work and long hours that the employees put into this job. They overload you on work and do not offer you any incentives in return, never even a "thank you". There were no merit increases in all the years that I worked there and they dropped the mileage reimbursement amount down to an amount that was barely even worth it, while the gas prices continued to climb, as well as the cost of living. It is too cliquey in the offices, very dramatic, extremely catty, too much backstabbing and too much playing the blame game instead of taking responsibility for their own mistakes. If you are not one of managements "favorites" you WILL BE treated DISGUSTINGLY UNFAIR. And, there is barely any kind of real and good training for new employees. Seasoned employees are expected to do all of the new hire training...again, without any incentives. There is NO "team" in this company or in the individual offices at all. The health insurance is mediocre and way too expensive. And if you have an issue or concern that you feel needs to be addressed by Human Resources or a "higher up", you may as well kiss your job goodbye, as it is secretively frowned upon to do so. And once they've decided that they (management) does not like you for whatever ridiculous and immature reason, they will ultimately lay you off as the way of legally getting rid of you - stating that it's due to "budget cuts" or its best to cut ties. - but then hire someone new to fill your position right after you are gone, while you struggle and panic to find another job as quickly as possible in today's almost impossible job market and difficult economy.

Train the employees better. Actually MANAGE and not just dictate. Treat everyone EQUALLY and come down off of your pedestals. Work as a TEAM and be WILLING to help when it is needed. Stop being so vindictive and spiteful for immature reasons and causing so much drama in the work place. My suggestion would to be bring in someone new to listen to the "little people" WHO RUN AND MAKE THIS COMPANY WHAT IT IS - about all of the negative things that management does or does not do, and then have that person completely wipe out those particular managers as well as STATE & REGIONAL DIRECTORS and start fresh with all new people. If you do some of or all of these things, you may have better luck with the already insanely outrageous and pathetic turnover rate.

Awful

Current Employee - Direct Service Professional in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Direct Service Professional in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The clients, the co-workers, and the flexibilty of hours.

Cons

The pay, upper management, no stability, no bonuses, and no assistance from upper management. No care for the clients and their feelings.

Pay the direct care staff more money.

There are newer employer reviews for The MENTOR Network