The MENTOR Network

There are newer employer reviews for The MENTOR Network

A Great Job Where You Can Really Make a Difference

Former Employee - Data Entrist to Marketing Coordinator in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Data Entrist to Marketing Coordinator in Boston, MA

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Work Environment,
You can feel good about doing work that makes a difference,
Awesome team members,
Career Advancement Opportunities,

Cons

None that I am aware of.

I am honored that I was able to work with not one, but two teams during my career at The Network. While getting my master’s degree I held an entry level job. Upon graduation, I was given the opportunity to put my degree to use and join the Public Strategy Team. I can honestly say that in both departments, I had the pleasure of working with people who genuinely cared about helping others and worked hard to make a difference. And that can be said about everyone I came across, in many different roles and positions, throughout my almost three years at The MENTOR Network. It was a privilege to work there and I appreciate every opportunity that I was given while there. I highly recommend The Network to anyone!

169 Other Employee Reviews for The MENTOR Network (View Most Recent)

Don't Walk, Run Away ASAP!

Former Employee - DSP in Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - DSP in Asheville, NC

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent benefits and paid leave though you're made feel guilty for using it.

Cons

Everything including client care is secondary to the bottom line (the money).

Stop running a human service organization like Wall Street. The two don't mix.

Slippery slope.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

First responders and/or direct services staff are hard-working and dedicated to the consumers they serve. Clinical staff at the state level is excellent, dedicated and compassionate for consumers they serve.

Cons

Cons
    This is a for profit agency, so the bottom line is investors. Leadership is more interested in numbers and the bottom $$$ than if staff are being treated fairly or provided needed resources to do their job. The company is run using fear tactics as a tool to manipulate others in the name of accountability.

This company is going to suffer huge losses when the Healthcare system changes from a fee-for-service system to bundles care services. How are they going to be able to provide the BIG-FAT margins of profit to its investors? I'll tell you how, giving more responsibilities to employees (who are already over-worked) and laying off as many as they can, to continue to make their margin of profit.

Therapists be warned, look the other way, talk to your peers what they think about this company prior to applying for work here.

Either become a non-for-profit agency or leave this line of work, your wall street management styles doesn't suit a mental health provider. You will continue to suffer huge staff turnover because of your Wall Street management style.

There are newer employer reviews for The MENTOR Network