There are newer employer reviews for The MENTOR Network

Laid back, mostly flexible environment, however, laid off with wishy washy information from the state.

Former Employee - TFC
Former Employee - TFC

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

Laid back environment. Mostly good foster parents to work with.

Cons

mileage pay is horrible. I am being laid off due to funding. I worked a lot of time over the 40 hours salary pay and hardly ever got to flex time nor was compensated for this.

Be more receptive to the lower part of the totem pole. Increase mileage pay to compete with gas prices. Cooperate with flex time, as it keeps your staff from burn out and from seeking other employment.

153 Other Employee Reviews for The MENTOR Network (View Most Recent)

Love working here!

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible! Competitive Salary did not nickle and dime me when hired - but not going to get rich - but hey this is human services!

Cons

Funded by states so not always able to give annual salary increases.

Give more clear information on incentive programs. Incentives are explained way after the fact and are not clear.

Truly horrible experience!- But didn't have to be....

Current Employee - Life Skills Trainer  in  Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Life Skills Trainer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked at NeuroRestorative for a week. Truly bad experience. The only pro is that there is paid training and the job is not difficult. It is pretty much like babysitting, Oh and another PRO is, I went in to the office and quit, which I have never done in my life.

Cons

A lot! Horribly low pay. the hourly rate I was promised was not what I received, so there was an issue right after the first paepetaty period. Director did not recall what she told me my what my pay rate would be, she knew I was coming in with a masters, which is far beyond the scope of this job, but the hours worked for me, and I thought I would try it. Several patients had communicable diseases such as hepatitus and MRSA, which of course you dont know about unless you read the case files. employees are bitter and overworked and grossly overpaid. EMPLOYEES DO NOT GET RAISES!!!!!!! I felt bad for the lady I trained with. she was there for 5 years as a life skills trainer and never saw a raise.

Re-evaluate your priorities. Hire program/residential directors that have experience and the education. Yes you will need to pay them more, but the outcome will be far better than what you are experiencing from the dead-wood that currently sit in the offices in Delaran.

There are newer employer reviews for The MENTOR Network

Worked for The MENTOR Network? Contribute to the Community!