There are newer employer reviews for The MENTOR Network

The sky never stops falling at NC Mentor

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time for less than a year

Pros

Meaningful work with children and families. Supportive peers. Reimbursement for supervision for provisionally licensed therapists, as well as yearly stipend to use toward continuing education.

Cons

Very fear-based management style (use of threats, punitive action, describing the tenuous state of the company's finances, random lay-offs and forcing people to quit to deny them severance, etc). The agency values profit $$$ and quantity over quality therapy, and will even push therapists to bill more than is medically necessary for their clients, or to bill for things that are completely non-billable. Incredibly stressful work environment and no support for on-the-ground, front-line workers. Many people leaving the agency left with stress-related medical problems. No useful training or support with learning the basic functions of the job; new people often had to "train each other" resulting in much wasted time and energy as well as tons of preventable mistakes. Promised raises for 9 months which never appeared. Every other week we were told of the financial instability of the agency and given a date that numbers had to be up "or else." Unreasonably high expectations for workers that were constantly changing. No consistency. Very "top-down" management approach. No respect for boundaries of employees; nothing is ever enough for those people. Turnover rate that is ridiculous.

Using fear as a motivator is very effective in the short-term but ultimately deteriorates trust, respect and loyalty of employees. Set realistic expectations for workers and provide training that supports people past the 2 week "orientation." Listen to and respect the limits of employees. Consider the financial impact of a high turn-over rate, the cost of finding and training new people. Invest in employees and try to reverse this. Treat each employee as important and not as replaceable money-making machines.

153 Other Employee Reviews for The MENTOR Network (View Most Recent)

Absolutely Horrible Leadership from the top down!!

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company mission and people they serve.

Cons

Everything else. I handled Human Resources for two states. After the first 3 months I knew I had to get out of there and immediately started looking for a new job. Made me ashamed to be in Human Resources. The unethical bullying leadership is appalling.

You need a complete overhaul in leadership. Old school good ole boy leadership that has been around for 40 years is not working anymore. The behind the scenes behavior I witnessed made me ashamed to be a Human Resources professional.

Needs consistency

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional
    Current Employee - Direct Support Professional

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wonderful loving clients. Rewarding to mentor them and know you contribute to their growth in the community and in their everyday tasks.

Cons

$ They are paying new hires more than people working there for years with no raises.

Give some of that profit back to the employees and you won't see such a high turn over rate, therefore you would save $ in the long run by not paying overtime for us to cover the shifts of YOUR BEST EMPLOYEES leaving. DUH.

There are newer employer reviews for The MENTOR Network

Worked for The MENTOR Network? Contribute to the Community!