There are newer employer reviews for The MENTOR Network

Best Place I've Ever Worked...except for compensation.

Former Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I worked in the Boston, MA corporate office withing the IT Infrastructure group. Loved it! Only reason I left was due to an offer from another company, (they found me, I was not looking), which was simply too good to refuse. The reasons I loved Mentor; 1. My Sr. Director/Boss was awesome. 2. A great CIO who was engaged and cared. 3. I had an exceptional IT Operations team who always made me look good, because THEY were so good! 4. Collaboration with other teams was mostly successful and made for great partners. 5. Flexible work environment. 6. Excellent H.R. team very focused upon the employees. I wish I could've stayed. For these reasons I rate Mentor overall as "Satisfied", but cannot rate as "Very Satisfied" due to the Cons below.

Cons

Unfortunately, compensation and benefits were not competitive. Training budget keeps getting cut. Very small discount on monthly MBTA Charlie Passes.

Your turnover rate is going to increase as other company's compensation and benefits far outpace Mentor's. Please look seriously at this as you have a otherwise great company. Being located in Boston it would be beneficial to offer a better subsidy for public transportation. It cost me almost $4000/yr just to go to work on the train, including parking in an MBTA lot.

reviews filtered by
  1. Mentor needs to restructure the company or sell it

Former Employee - Director of Nursing
    Former Employee - Director of Nursing

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I loved working with the consumers.

Cons

There is inadequate training for everyone from top to bottom. The company expects outstanding results but gives little resources to achieve those results. Mentor execs does not value or invest in its employees. Mentor does not believe in raises. Everyone is underpaid, from the Area Director down to the DSPs. Never received 2 bonuses that were promised. The turnover rate is extremely high. This is not a proactive company.

2. Good work environment, good people but there are better places to work

Former Employee - Information Technology in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Boston, MA

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very laid back place to work, really good people, you can make your job your own

Cons

Benefits not very good, pay below market - never seen more people complain about their salary than I have at this company. Company very cheap - takes shortcuts on IT practices just to enhance their bottom line. Healthcare company owned by asset management firm - they don't value employees and it reflects

Improve compensation for employees