There are newer employer reviews for The MENTOR Network

Best Place I've Ever Worked...except for compensation.

Former Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked in the Boston, MA corporate office withing the IT Infrastructure group. Loved it! Only reason I left was due to an offer from another company, (they found me, I was not looking), which was simply too good to refuse. The reasons I loved Mentor; 1. My Sr. Director/Boss was awesome. 2. A great CIO who was engaged and cared. 3. I had an exceptional IT Operations team who always made me look good, because THEY were so good! 4. Collaboration with other teams was mostly successful and made for great partners. 5. Flexible work environment. 6. Excellent H.R. team very focused upon the employees. I wish I could've stayed. For these reasons I rate Mentor overall as "Satisfied", but cannot rate as "Very Satisfied" due to the Cons below.

Cons

Unfortunately, compensation and benefits were not competitive. Training budget keeps getting cut. Very small discount on monthly MBTA Charlie Passes.

Advice to Management

Your turnover rate is going to increase as other company's compensation and benefits far outpace Mentor's. Please look seriously at this as you have a otherwise great company. Being located in Boston it would be beneficial to offer a better subsidy for public transportation. It cost me almost $4000/yr just to go to work on the train, including parking in an MBTA lot.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It's a good place to work

Former Employee - Mobile Therapist in Broomall, PA
    Former Employee - Mobile Therapist in Broomall, PA

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will work with dedicated and professional staffs

Cons

There is no opportunity for promotion

Advice to Management

Pay increase based on experience would be nice

2. Long time employee. I only stay because of my personal commitment to the mission and my team

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My immediate supervisor and team and many people who provide care in our programs. I have some flexibility in my schedule which helps

Cons

Too many to list. A very top down management style with highly compensated executives who have never worked in the field but apparently have much more value than those who have spent their career in this field. No sense of team or leadership from executive staff

Advice to Management

Pay attention t o the priority of caring for vulnerable children and adults by fully staffing programs with qualified middle management. Under stand that corporate support services such as it and marketing are just that, support services and little to now impact on the day to day care of the individuals in our care and they should not be given a higher value than those who work in operations Be aware of "managing up" because you are not getting the real story about what is going on in the field.