The MENTOR Network
www.thementornetwork.com Boston, MA 5000+ Employees

Lack of support & training for staff.

Team Lead (Former Employee)
Asheville, NC

ProsDirect service staff are very caring about consumers. The families worked with are great. The position provides the opportunity to use the skills you have learned while working with children with mental health diagnoses.

ConsLots of travel using your own vehicle, for which you are only reimbursed .32 per mile. They frequently "lose" your mileage reimbursement form, so you don't get reimbursed. When your mileage costs come to $400-$500 per month, this hurts! Very little support for staff, even though they frequently ask "How can we best support you?" Staff are blamed if a consumer cancels or no-shows for an appointment. There is a minimum weekly billing quota. If you do not have enough clients, you are expected to make up the minimum billing somehow. Therapists have billed units for taking kids swimming, hiking, or playing music. Overtime has to be pre-approved, and flex-time is required. However, you need to be in meetings 3-4 mornings per week, and are often expected to meet with clients until 8 or 9 pm, so flex-time is impossible. Do not expect this to be authorized as overtime. If you want to use vacation time you need to bill the unit quota anyway. Sick, and using sick time? Prepare to work on the weekend, as you still need to bill. Company motto is "Families First". That's not true, it is "Profit first". Nothing matters but the bottom line. Upper level management is poorly trained for administrative roles, and directives change regularly. The quality of the work you produce is not as important as the quantity. No raises, except for upper management. Salaries are comparitively low, while expectations for production of billable hours are very high. Good to gain some hands-on experience in the mental health field, but that is it.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour staff cannot work effectively with families when they are not supported by management. You bought Families Together Imc, and adopted their motto of "Families First". Now is the time to put your money where your mouth is, and really adhere to the motto. Support and train your staff, and do not just look at them as a means to increase your own paycheck.

Mentor needs to restructure the company or sell it

Director of Nursing (Former Employee)

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time for more than a year

Pros: I loved working with the consumers. Cons: There is inadequate training for everyone from top to bottom. The company expects outstanding results but gives little resources to achieve those results. Mentor execs… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good work environment, good people but there are better places to work

Information Technology (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time for less than a year

Pros: Very laid back place to work, really good people, you… Cons: Benefits not very good, pay below market - never seen more people complain about their salary than I have at this company. Company very cheap… Advice to Senior Management: Improve compensation for employees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on The MENTOR Network.

Worked for The MENTOR Network? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The MENTOR Network reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The MENTOR Network CEO Bruce Nardella . All reviews posted anonymously by The MENTOR Network employees.