The MENTOR Network

There are newer employer reviews for The MENTOR Network

PCA

Current Employee - Pca in Saint Cloud, MN
Current Employee - Pca in Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at The MENTOR Network part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Interesting mix of clients from different age groups and backgrounds. Consistent training offerings to equip a PCA to handle different situations effectively. Flexible schedules for those in school and also Full Time offerings with career advancement.

Cons

None I can think of...have been with company for 8 years.

192 Other Employee Reviews for The MENTOR Network (View Most Recent)

Another Year of No Raises

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time

Pros

Still a company that does the right thing for society in most cases

Cons

They announced today that raises will be very limited or non-existent for the fifth or sixth year in a row. Health care costs going way up next year so purchasing power going way down.

Freeze your salaries at 2008 levels like the rest of us. Follow your own advice to the masses and do more for less.

Dissatisfied Proctor Parent

Current Contractor - Proctor Parent in Portland, OR
    Current Contractor - Proctor Parent in Portland, OR

I have been working at The MENTOR Network as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Truly can't think of any but I need a 20 word minimum so am keeping on writing. When i first came on with Mentor, I was hopeful... but that quickly diminished as I got to know the company. While the values are spoken, there is more talk than walk.

Cons

Unable to fulfill its commitments. Staff are disorganized and unprofessional, show up late to meetings and have even no-showed without even a phone call. Behavior Specialist participates in triangulation between child and parents, undermining the authority of the parents. Behavior Specialist threatened to leave a meeting because it was getting too heated. One would think that a Behavior Specialist could maintain more composure when a meeting gets confrontational. The Director was caught lying several times and either doesn't know what he's doing or just doesn't care about dotting i's and crossing t's. I found this concerning and unprofessional since we are working with a protected population and we a required to dot i's and cross t's! That's our job and it's their job to make sure we're doing it! Our paperwork was never checked - not once. We're better off on our own. If you want to work with kids or adults with disabilities, DO NOT GO THROUGH MENTOR OREGON. Go directly to your county

The company needs an upper management reconstruction. i think the almighty dollar is standing in the way of making some important decisions that would benefit lower level employees... like hiring more staff to help make the company more organized. It appears to a top down run organization and that just doesn't work anymore. Upper management needs to listen to its lower management and fill some of the resource gaps. That might help. Good luck.

There are newer employer reviews for The MENTOR Network