PCA

Current Employee - Pca in Saint Cloud, MN
Current Employee - Pca in Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at The MENTOR Network part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Interesting mix of clients from different age groups and backgrounds. Consistent training offerings to equip a PCA to handle different situations effectively. Flexible schedules for those in school and also Full Time offerings with career advancement.

Cons

None I can think of...have been with company for 8 years.

Other Employee Reviews for The MENTOR Network

Great Experience

Current Employee - Financial Analyst
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Constantly changing and growing environment.

Cons

Understaffed at some levels and poor benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep your employees happy - perhaps have an award recognition event for ALL Staff

Dissatisfied Proctor Parent

Current Contractor - Proctor Parent in Portland, OR
    Current Contractor - Proctor Parent in Portland, OR

I have been working at The MENTOR Network as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Truly can't think of any but I need a 20 word minimum so am keeping on writing. When i first came on with Mentor, I was hopeful... but that quickly diminished as I got to know the company. While the values are spoken, there is more talk than walk.

Cons

Unable to fulfill its commitments. Staff are disorganized and unprofessional, show up late to meetings and have even no-showed without even a phone call. Behavior Specialist participates in triangulation between child and parents, undermining the authority of the parents. Behavior Specialist threatened to leave a meeting because it was getting too heated. One would think that a Behavior Specialist could maintain more composure when a meeting gets confrontational. The Director was caught lying several times and either doesn't know what he's doing or just doesn't care about dotting i's and crossing t's. I found this concerning and unprofessional since we are working with a protected population and we a required to dot i's and cross t's! That's our job and it's their job to make sure we're doing it! Our paperwork was never checked - not once. We're better off on our own. If you want to work with kids or adults with disabilities, DO NOT GO THROUGH MENTOR OREGON. Go directly to your county

Advice to Management

The company needs an upper management reconstruction. i think the almighty dollar is standing in the way of making some important decisions that would benefit lower level employees... like hiring more staff to help make the company more organized. It appears to a top down run organization and that just doesn't work anymore. Upper management needs to listen to its lower management and fill some of the resource gaps. That might help. Good luck.