There are newer employer reviews for The MENTOR Network

Unnecessarily complicated organizational structure is the root of the companies failures

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Mentor Network provides needed services to a largely underprivileged, and at-risk population.

Cons

Overly complex Organizational and Management structure creates an inability to lay-out a clear set of goals and execute against them. Executives do not cooperate with one another. They behave like Warlords, protecting their own turf at the expense of the overall organization. The cultural tone of the organization is a direct out-crop of Executive level attitude and behavior.

Simplify the Organizational and Management structure. Establish corporate wide goals, and communicate them clearly across the organization. Establish performance measurements for these goals, and share them across the organization on a Monthly basis. Rebuild your corporate culture, and base it upon cooperation. Toward this end, take a zero tolerance stance to in-fighting among your Executive team, and outward to all Management and Staff.

152 Other Employee Reviews for The MENTOR Network (View Most Recent)

Another Year of No Raises

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time

Pros

Still a company that does the right thing for society in most cases

Cons

They announced today that raises will be very limited or non-existent for the fifth or sixth year in a row. Health care costs going way up next year so purchasing power going way down.

Freeze your salaries at 2008 levels like the rest of us. Follow your own advice to the masses and do more for less.

Worst experience of my career.

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can't think of one thing.

Cons

Too many to list here.

There are newer employer reviews for The MENTOR Network

Worked for The MENTOR Network? Contribute to the Community!